16- Exhilarating

Recommended song: Self Destruction Mode- by The Chainsmokers and Bludnymph

。⋆。˚ ʚïɞ ˚。⋆。

"You wanna get ice cream after school?" Yoshiko asked Shinsou. He sat behind her in Bakugo's seat since he hadn't come to class yet. Yoshiko had her chair facing his desk, elbows on it as she rested her cheek in a palm.

"I gotta visit my parents after school," Shinsou replied, his tone apologetic.

"Aww." Yoshiko pouted. "Tell your mum I said hi."

"I will. But get that pout off your face first."

"I'm not pouting."

"You are." Shinsou flicked her forehead, making her mutter an 'ow' and rub the spot.

"I'm excited," Yoshiko stated. "For the sports festival."

"Who isn't." Shinsou absentmindedly took a strand of her long hair between his fingers.

"I've wanted to be on that stage ever since I was a kid." Yoshiko smiled to herself. "I can't wait to steal the spotlight."

"Hah, dont think I'll let you win," Shinsou snickered, letting go of her hair. Yoshiko leaned back in her chair and raised her eyebrows, head cocking in a challenge.

"I know we're besties, but I'm fucking winning this," Yoshiko said with a smirk. "I'm going to secure a flawless victory. The stage this year is mine."

Shinsou smiled at the girl. As long as she smiled, smirked and challenged every living being around her, he knew she'd be fine. "Yeah. Go for it, Yoshiko." For I'll be there, rooting for you. Yoshiko's eyes slightly widened before she grinned ear to ear.

"That doesn't mean I'm gonna try my best to bring your ass down," Shinsou added quickly. Yoshiko let out a low chuckle and nodded.

They heard Bakugo before they saw him. He was yelling at someone outside the class for God knows what. Shinsou rolled his eyes and got out of Bakugo's chair, giving Yoshiko a fist bump before leaving to get to his seat. Yoshiko rested her elbows on his desk and watched Bakugo drop his bag onto his chair.

"Get your fucking hands off my desk." He hissed.

"Wow, no good morning?" Yoshiko put a hand on her chest, pretending to be insulted. Bakugo rolled his eyes.

"Not like you deserve it. Now fuckin' move."

"Okay, sagging grumpy pants." Yoshiko got up and made her chair face her desk, smirking when Bakugo bared his teeth at her comment. "We're sparring after school, by the way."

"Hah. I get to beat your lame ass again." He put his bag on the floor and plopped in his seat.

"With quirks."

"You're gonna be toast when we're done." He said, looking up at her with his devilishly red eyes. Yoshiko fished the pocket of her school waistcoat and pulled out a red uno reverse card. She had no idea why it was there, but it just was.

"..." Bakugo stared at the red card in disbelief. Why the fuck did she have an uno reverse card on her? "You're a fucking idiot."

"I'm still holding the card, y'know?"

。⋆。˚ ʚïɞ ˚。⋆

After school, Yoshiko waved Shinsou goodbye and asked permission from Aizawa to use gym gamma for training purposes after assuring him ten times that she wouldn't kill Bakugo. When Aizawa gave her the thumbs up, she rushed into the locker rooms and changed into her gym uniform.