29- Scared

"NOW FOLKS, IT'S TIME FOR THE FIRST MATCH OF THE FIRST ROUND!! AKIMITSU YOSHIKO VERSUS MONOMA NEITO!! HOW MANY QUIRKS IS AKIMITSU GOING TO HAVE TO FIGHT AGAINST??"

Monoma and Yoshiko got onto the concrete stage, the latter devilishly smirking at the former. Monoma scowled at her in response. All Might, seated in a high chair outside the stage, yelled, "START!"

As soon as the words left All Might's mouth, Yoshiko rushed into him, sparks dancing in her fist with smoke dispersing. She closed the distance between them and swung her fist for a hook. But she hit solid air instead of Monoma's smirking face.

She realised she was caught in a big air prison. She kicked on the air wall, but it was of no use. She resided to trying to blast the wall with her quirk, which also proved futile, unlike last time in the first game. She could hear the faint sound of Monoma's blabbing about class 2-A's incompetence, making her click her tongue.

"MONOMA HAS ALREADY CAPTURED AKIMITSU IN AN AIR PRISON?! IS THIS THE END OF THE FIRST M- OH MY! LOOK AT THESE FLASHY GOLDEN LIGHT BALLS!"

She had her light balls surround the air prison and let them blast, breaking out of the prison. She took advantage of the smoke formed and lunged in for Monoma's guts. With a punch accompanied by the power of her explosions, she delivered a steaming fist to his stomach, making spittle and a groan escape his mouth.

When the smoke cleared, the audience gasped, followed by Present Mic's enthusiastic commentary. Yoshiko threw an explosion at Monoma, but he dodged by rolling away to his left and getting up. He touched the ground, and the broken pieces of cement flew up, with purple light surrounding them. He was using his classmate's quirk, Poltergeist.

Yoshiko smirked at him. He didnt have much long until he ran out of time for his borrowed quirks. How sad.

*Earlier*

After having lunch with Bakugo, Yoshiko went looking for Midoriya. She found Iida by a food stall and asked for his whereabouts. Iida directed her to waiting room 3. She found the waiting room and knocked on the door, waiting for a response.

"Come in!" Came Midoriya's cheery voice. She opened the door and found him sitting on a chair with a bowl of pork cutlets, rice, and chopsticks in hand. "Akimitsu-san!"

"Hey Midoriya." She said, dragging the chair and seating herself across from him on the table. Midoriya tilted his head in question. "So, you're the keeper of information on everyone's quirks, right?"

"Uhm- w-well, most people, I guess." Midoriya stammered, cheeks red when she called him the keeper of information. Yoshiko chuckled at his reaction.

"I was wondering if you could tell me about class B's quirks. I'm fighting Monoma, and I'd like to know what sort of quirks he can use."

"Mhm! I can tell you! Kendo-san's quirk is Big Fist, and Awase-san's quirk is Weld-- actually, you can have my notebook! So you can analyse their quirks for yourself!"

Midoriya bought out his hero notebook out of thin air. Yoshiko wondered if he had another quirk called, 'storing notebooks and producing them whenever needed.' She took the notebook from him and flipped over to the class-B section.

It's not that she was afraid of surprises Monoma could have. She just wanted to know more about her pretentious opponent. She wanted Monoma to copy her quirk. She spent many years honing, mastering, and fighting against the recoil. She wanted him to copy it and end up not being able to use it the way she could.