38- Feelings

Yoshiko sighed, sitting in the bathtub with steamy water. It was two AM, and she couldn't sleep, so she decided to take a warm bath to help ease her mind. She slowly dipped her head in the water, feeling the water soothe her eyes. She heard her phone ring and got up, cursing whoever decided to call at two fucking AM. Water ran down her body as she walked up to the shelf in the bathroom, almost slipping on the wet floor.

"That was close." She muttered. She looked down at the caller ID. It was her mother. Yoshiko went back to the bath with the phone and attended the call.

"Hi, mum." She greeted.

"Hey, Yoshi. I've been calling for ages. Were you asleep?" Worry laced Yoko's voice.

"Nah, I'm taking a bath. I forgot to call you back earlier."

"Ah." A moment of silence. "Are you okay, Yoshiko?"

"Of course. Why wouldn't I be?"

"You've seen the news, right?"

"Mhm."

"Are you okay?"

"I said I'm fine." Yoshiko cringed when the words came out harsher than she meant them to be.

"Oh. W-we have to visit the police station at eight in the morning. I'll come to pick you up, alright?"

"Yeah, okay." She said. "Thank you for checking on me." She added in an attempt to make up for being harsh.

"Of course, Yoshi." Her mother chuckled. "Go to sleep after your bath. See you tomorrow."

"Yeah."

Yoshiko unlocked her phone and saw seven missed calls from Shinsou. She wondered if he was still asleep or awake. Before she could jump to an answer, he called her again.

"Ever heard of calling back?" Shinsou said as soon as she attended his call, his voice irritated.

"Where's the fun in picking up the first time?" Yoshiko teased.

"Yeah, right. Now tell me what's going on in your ugly head."

"The usual," Yoshiko said, crossing her legs. "Like how amazing, incredible, stunning, breathtaking and wonderful I am-"

"Oh, shut it." Shinsou interrupted. "Has Bakugo been stroking your ego?"

"He's only been stroking my temper." Yoshiko laughed. She dipped half of her face in water, closing her eyes, thinking about how he let her put her head on his shoulder. "He's been a wee bit nicer." She added, giving him some credit for letting her lean on his shoulder.

"Bakugo and nice? Nice joke. Anyways, you know that's not why I called." He said.

"Mmm, I'm fine. I swear. There's not much I can do about it, you know?"

"So you did not throw a temper tantrum?"

"I hope you dont get sleep for a week straight."

"Take that back."

"Never."

"Has anyone ever told you how mean you are?" Shinsou joked.

"Not enough people." Yoshiko got out of the bath, splashing water in the process.

"Don't tell me you're taking a bath at two in the morning," Shinsou said, hearing water splash.

"I dont see what's wrong with that." Yoshiko said, putting a towel around her bare body. She went into her room and dried her body.