4 Jim

We all walked up Sophia, Carl and I stood beside Carol.

    "Hey, Jim." Shane asked but Jim didn't even answer he was too focused on digging. "Jim, why don't you hold up, all right? Just give me a second here, please."

    "What do you want?" Jim asks sticking his shovel in the dirt.

   "We're all just a little concerned, that's all." Shane said.

    "Dale says you've been out here for hours." Morales said.

"So?" Jim asked.

"So why are you digging?" Shane questioned. "Are you heading to China, Jim?"

"What does it matter? I'm not hurting anyone." He said and went back to digging.

"Yeah, except maybe yourself. It's 100* today. You can't keep this up." Dale said.

"Sure I can. Watch me." Jim smiled.

"Jim, they're not gonna say it so I will. You're scaring people. You're scaring my Son, Carol's Daughter and (Y/n)." Lori told him.

"They got nothing to be scared of. I mean, what the hell, people? I'm out here by myself. Why don't you all just go and leave me the hell alone?" Jim said.

"We think that you need to take a break, okay?" Shane said, "Why don't you go and get yourself in the shade? Some food maybe. I'll tell you what— maybe in a little bit I'll come out here. I'll help you myself. Jim, just tell me what it's about. Why don't you just go ahead and give me that shovel?"

"Or what?" Jim challenged.

"There is no or what. I'm asking you. I'm coming to you and I'm asking you, please. I don't want to have to take it from you." Shane explained calmly.

"And if I don't, then what? Then you're gonna beat my face in like Ed Peletier, aren't you? Y'all seen his face, huh? What's left of it. See, now that's what happens when someone crosses you." Jim said.

"That was different, Jim." Shane spoke.

"You weren't there. Ed was out of control. He was hurting his wife." Andrea defended.

"That is their marriage. That is not his. He is not judge and jury. Who voted you king boss, huh?" Jim yelled.

"Jim, I'm not here to argue with you, all right? Just give me the shovel, okay?" I watched as Shane walked forward trying to still calmly grab the shovel.

"No no no." Jim backed up.

"Just give me the—" Jim shoved Shane back. "Jim!"

Without warning Jim swung his shovel around, Shane barely dodged it before running forward knocked Jim to the ground.

"Okay, shh shh." Shane said.

"You got no Right!" Jim yelled as Shane kept him pinned.

"Stop. Shh." Shane told him.

"You got no right!" Jim cried.

"Jim, just stop it. Hey hey hey hey. Jim. Jim, nobody's gonna hurt you. You hear me? Shh. Jim, nobody is gonna hurt you, okay?" Shane told him.

"That's a lie. That's the biggest lie there is." Jim said with a broken voice, "I told that to my Wife and two boys. I said it 100 times. It didn't matter. They came out of nowhere. There were dozens of 'em. Just pulled 'em right out of my hands. You know, the only reason I got away was 'cause The Dead were too busy eating my family."