22 Strange People

We lost three people and gained one. T-Dog and Carol we also lost, but Rick, he wasn't okay.
The baby was healthy, but we didn't have anything to feed her, no formula.
Maggie, Daryl and Glenn decided to go out to find some, anything.

——————

Daryl and Maggie came back in the night. The baby had been crying for a long time.
Daryl came right over picking her up.

"How's she doing?" He asked.

"Hungry." I tell him.

Beth comes over handing Daryl a bottle. The moment it was in the baby's mouth she was quite.

"She got a name yet?" Daryl asked.

"Not yet. But I was thinking maybe Sophia. Then there's Carol, too. And... Andrea. Amy. Jacqui. Patricia. Or... Lori. I don't know." Carl said.

"Yeah... you like that? Huh? Little ass-kicker. Right? That's a good name, right?" Daryl smiled.

———————Next Day————————

"Everybody okay." I hear Rick ask as we eat.

"Yeah, we are." Maggie says.

"What about you?" Hershel asks.

"I cleared out the boiler block." Rick said.

"How many were there?" Daryl wondered.

"I don't know. A dozen, two dozen. I have to get back. Just wanted to check on Carl." Rick answered.

"Rick, we can handle taking out the bodies. You don't have to." Glenn said.

"No, I do." Rick said. " Everyone have a gun and a knife?"

"Yeah. We're running low on ammo, though." Daryl told him.

"Maggie and me were planning on making a run this afternoon. Found a phone book with some places we can hit, look for bullets and formula." Glenn said.

"We cleared out the generator room. Axel's there trying to fix it in case of emergency. We're gonna sweep the lower levels as well." Daryl explained.

"Good. Good." Rick walked off.

——

Daryl, Carl and Oscar went out to clear the halls.

——————Later———————

We looked us a Rick walked in not saying a word as he approached Hershel with Little ass-kicker. Gently he picked her up.
We followed him as he walked outside holding her.

—————

"Carl, get a blanket. Beth, water and a towel.    (Y/n)." Rick called as he Carl and Hershel came in.

"What's going on?" I asked running over.

"She's not coming in the cell block. Whoa, whoa, whoa. Steady now." Rick said as I saw him laying down a strange lady.

"What happened?" I stop beside Carl.

"Shh." Rick pored water over her. "It's all right. It's all right. Hey, hey, look at me. Look at me. Who are you? Hey, it's all right. Hey. Hey." She reached for her sword that lay on the ground, Rick kicked it away. "No. We're not going to hurt you unless you try something stupid first, all right?"