59 Sewer

Everyone from Alexandria was down safe in the sewer.
I sat beside Carl holding his hand as he grew week. The colour was draining from his face his shirt was darkened by sweat. I looked us as Michonne and Rick walked through stopping looking at Siddiq.

"I brought him here." Carl said his voice growing weaker. Rick and Michonne walked over. "That's how it happened." Carl lifted up his shirt and pulled back the bandage showing Rick the bite.
Michonne fell to her knees I could see the light die in there eyes replaced by pain.

Daryl held Judith as we herd the bombs above everyone was silent.

    "I-I don't..." Rick trembled.

    "Dad." Carl spoke.

     "How..." Rick hesitated.

     "Dad... It's all right. It's gotta be. I wasn't sure if you'd make it back before... But just in case, you know..." Carl weakly said taking out the letters he wrote. "I wanted to make sure I was able to say goodbye."

    "No. It's them. It's them. They— They don't— It wasn't..." Rick stammered.

   "Carl." Michonne cried.

    "No." Rick shook his head. "No."

   "I got bit. I was bringing someone back with (Y/n). His name's Siddiq. We saw him at that gas station before... it wasn't the Saviors. It just happened." Carl explained. "I got bit."

Gently we lowered Carl down on the bed so he could lay down.

    "Is that better?" Michonne wondered.

     "Yeah..." Carl answered. "Thanks."

I take out a cloth and start wiping the sweat from his face.

   "I, um, I got these." Siddiq took out a bag. "They're over-the-counter, non-steroidal anti-inflammatories. They'll, um— They'll help a little with the fever. They did for my Mom and Dad. Please take them. Your Son... He should have them." I put my cloth down and give Siddiq a smile.

   "Thank you. These will help him a lot." I walk up to him and take the bag.

   "You're a doctor?" Rick asked.

    "I was a resident... Before. Yeah." Siddiq's voice broke.

   "Your name is Siddiq?" Rick questioned.

    "Yes."

    "Did you know he was a doctor? Is that why you brought him back?" Rick asked Carl.

    "He wasn't gonna make it alone. He needed us. That's why." Carl weakly explained.

     "He was the one at the gas station." Rick assumed.

There was a loud thud directly above up, Rick quickly put his body over Carl shielding him from the falling rocks.
Carl started to cough a lot.

    "Water. He needs water." I urgently say.

   "Here." Michonne passed me a bottle.

I brought it to his lips carefully letting the water flow into his mouth.

   "Easy. You got it? Slowly, slowly." Rick told Carl.

     "You good?" I ask lifting the bottle Carl gave me a nod and I placed it down.

    "Make it stop." Michonne yelled standing up and walking. "Make them stop."

   "I can't." Dwight told her.