58 Explosions

"You need to make it look like we're escaping out back." Carl told Michonne as we stuffed smoke bombs into Carls bag. I had a bag but it was full of paint killers, bandages, stuff to help with the fever, medicine anything that I could use to help Carl. "Get to the woods, halfway to the quarry, and cut the lights. Get enough of a lead on them, hit them, and get away on foot. You know where we'll be. Just have to get the guns, get everyone else here, and we'll meet you there. (Y/n)—"

"I'm sticking with you no matter what." I say.

"Two minutes, people! Dig deep. I want these apologies to be memorable. Bonus points for creativity. Work up a poem, sign a song. I love that shit." Negan announced.

"Get going. There's gonna be people in the infirmary. They're gonna need your help." Carl instructed. And people ran off.

"Look, we got guns. We can fight." Tara said.

"We will, but not now. Carl's right." Rosita told Tara.

"Carl, we can't just let them have this place." Michonne said.

"We can. All we need to do is survive tonight. This is my show. You said it. This is my plan, and you're gonna do it. You're all gonna do it. So let's go!" Carl and I ran off.

"One minute!"

We climb up the latter to stand at the top of the wall by the gate.

"Brought this on yourself, Rick. See, I was willing to work with you. All you had to do was follow a few very simple rules. Now— Well, now I see that you got to go. Scorched earth, you dick!" Negan yelled.

"He's not home." Carl said.

"Oh-ho-holy shit! Everybody hold your fire. It's Carl and his little girlfriend. Look at you. Answering the door like a big boy. I'm so proud. Daddy's not home, huh? Well, I guess he's gonna get back to a big old smoky surprise." Negan told Carl.

"There's families in here." Carl said. "Kids. My little Sister."

"Well, that shit just breaks my heart. There's kids at the Sanctuary. You must've seen 'em. Even had a little baby at one of the outposts. I wonder what happened to her." Negan told us.

"We wouldn't have killed a baby." I defended.

"None of this shit's fair kid. Hell, you know that. You had to kill your own Mom. That's is screwed up. Ergo, we need someone in charge who's willing to do whatever it takes to make sure that shit doesn't happen. Oh. Wait. That's me." Negan explained.

"Negan I'm gonna tell you what you're worst mistakes are." I say.

"And what would those be?" Negan wondered.

"Not hitting me hard enough with Lucille, you should have killed me. You should've killed us all before." I tell him.

"Probably should of, but I can make up for those mistakes." Negan said.

"Bad stuff does happen, but we can figure this out. We can stop this." Carl told him.

"Oh, now you want to talk? See, your Dad had it that I died, no matter what. He gave my people a choice. Not me. Now we're gonna need a new understanding. Apologizes, punish—"

"Kill me." Carl suddenly said interrupting Negan.

    "What did you say?" Negan asked in shock.

     "If you have to kill someone, if there has to be punishment, then kill me." Carl told him.

    "Carl no." I pleaded, playing the part.

    "(Y/n), I'm sorry. I'm serious." Carl said.

     "You wanna die?" Negan asked.

    "No, I don't." Carl truthfully said. "But I will. It's gonna happen. And I— if me dying could stop this, if it can make things different— for us, for you, for all those other kids— it'd be worth it. I mean, was this the plan? Was it supposed to be this way? Is this who you wanted to be?"

There was a large bang as a truck broke through the wall.

"Son of a bitch, Carl!" Negan yelled making me smile. "Was that just a play?! I thought we were havin' a moment, you little asshole! BOMBS AWAY!"
We quickly turned around with an orange light now growing as the first bomb goes. Carl helps me down the first bit of the later. Just as I hit the ground I look up watching Carl.

"Carl!" I shout as he fell down the latter groaning in pain as he hit the ground. I hurry and help him up. There was a large explosion, we turned our heads to see a building set ablaze. I grabbed Carls hat as he grabbed the bag. I placed it on his head as he dropped a smoke bomb. I held onto Carl as he limped us both reaching into the bag and throwing smoke bombs behind us. We continued the church ahead. In the blink of an eye orange and yellow consumed the church with a loud bang and leaving it in flames.
I kept my arm around Carl as we continued as fast as we could.

Just a we were passing a car and were thrown to the ground by a large bang. My ears were still ringing when I heard someone call. "(Y/n)!"

"Carl!" I managed to respond I feel someone gently pulled me up. I look around as I lean into Carls chest. Smoke was everywhere burning my lungs, everything that we worked so hard to keep together was now set ablaze, Saviors were running through the holding guns looking for anyone.

I squeezed Carls hand as we went to a house leaning our back against the door closing my eyes. I suddenly feel Carl grab my hand tightly running forward. Only seconds later the windows of the house shattered and fire bursts from the windows and doors. I hit the ground, the moment I tried to stand up I almost fell but was caught, pain shot through my foot. Everything was gone.

Together we both limped as fast as we were able.

"On the ground, kid's!" A Savior yells at us. We stopped as Carl dropped another smoke bomb, quickly we climbed down into the sewer. I slid the cover over and climbed but the moment I put pressure on my foot it gave in and I fell.

"I got you." Carl whispered as he caught me.