5 Attack

I looked up when I heard screaming. My eyes grew wide at the sight of Amy standing in the camper door with a Walker biting into her arm as she screamed and fell to the ground.
More screaming broke out around camp as people got up and ran.

"Mom!" Carl yelled.

"Carl!" She yelled pulling him in.

"Lori, get him down!" Shane ordered firing a shot at a Walker behind them.
Screaming and gunfire filled the camp.

I looked around horrified, my body not able to function.
I felt something grab my arm and pull me away. My fears of it being a Walker faded as I saw Carol holding my arm tightly but not too much for it to hurt, as she pulled me along with her even though she already had Sophia, her Daughter in her arms, she still didn't leave me and kept me close as I was shaking in fear and crying trying not to scream too much.

"I'm right here." Lori confirmed as Carl screamed for her. "Shane, what do we do?" Lori asked holding Carl close.

    "Follow me!" Shane yelled. "Come on. Come on, stay close. COME ON, Y'ALL! WORK YOUR WAY UP HERE!"

     "Right in front of you. Shane!" Lori warned.

    "Get to the R.V.! Go!"

     "Shane! Shane!" Lori called.

     "Stay with me. Stay behind me. Morales, work up here!" Shane yelled.

      "Get behind me! Come on!" Lori said.

    "Let's go!" Shane yelled.

     "Stay with me." Lori told Carl.

     "Come on, make your way to the winnebango!" Shane yelled.

More gunfire filled the air, I sat crouched up against the camper crying waiting for it all to stop.

    "Baby! Carl! Baby!" I heard Rick call.

    "Dad!" Carl answered.

    "Carl!" Rick replied.

     "Come here." Carol said pulling me and Sophia into a hug. "They're gone."

When she released me I opened my eyes crying at the sight of all the bodies, Walkers and our people. I stared down at Andrea. I looked at the blood coved lifeless body of Amy with Andrea above her crying out her name. So much can change in an instant.

————————Next Day—————————

I stood with Carol and Sophia as we watched the bodies being lifted into the ground to be buried.

Silently we walked back.

—————Later———————————————

Jim got bit, but he was still alive. They kept him in the R.V.
Everyone else who survived sat by the fire pit.

"I've been, uh— I've been thinking about Rick's plan." Shane started as he walked over. "Now look, there are no— there are no guarantees either way. I'll be the first one to admit that. I've known this Man for a long time. I trust his instincts. I say the most important thing here is we need to stay together. So those of you that agree, we leave first thing in the morning. Okay?"

—————Next Day——————————————

"Everybody listen up. Those of you with C.B.s, we're gonna be on channel 40. Let's keep the chatter down, okay? Now you got a problem, don't have a C.B., can't get a signal or anything at all, you're gonna hit your horn one time. That'll stop the caravan. Any questions." Shane asked as we all stood around.

"We're, uh..." Morales spoke. "We're— we're not going."

"We have family in Birmingham. We want to be with our people." His Wife explained.

"You go on your own, you won't have anyone to watch your back." Shane said.

"We'll take the chance. I got to do what's best for my family." Morales spoke.

    "You sure?" Rick checked.

    "We talked about it. We're sure." Morales confirmed.

I watched as Rick walked over handing Morales a gun.

    "The box is half full." Shane told them handing the box of ammunition.

    "Thank you all... for everything." Lori stood up giving them hugs.

    "Come on. Let's go." Shane announced.

I sat in the car with Carl and Sophia, the back is originally only meant to seat three but, Carl, me and Sophia were small enough for it to fit four including Carol.

———————Later—————————————

We didn't make it far before the caravan started to smoke forcing us to stop.

Sophia, Carl and I stayed by the car as Rick called everyone else over to talk about something.

Carol came and got us leading us up a little hill. I watched as they lifted Jim out of the caravan and laid him gently against a tall tree with us walking behind.

    "Hey, another damn tree." He said weakly.

    "Hey, Jim— I mean, you know it doesn't need to be this." Shane spoke.

    "No. It's good. The breeze feels nice." Jim gasped.

    "Okay. All right." Shane stepped back as Jacqui went forward.

"Just close your eyes, sweetie. Don't fight." She told him before planting a kiss on his cheek and walking back.

"Jim, do you want this?" Rick asked holding a gun.

"No. You'll need it. I'm okay. I'm okay." Jim told him.

"Oh. Hey. Thanks for, uh, for fighting for us. Okay." Dale said.

Carol put her arm around mine and Sophia's shoulders leaning us back to the car to sad to speak.

Carl, Sophia and I pressed our faces against the warm glass watching as we passed by Jim leaving him behind.

——————Later————————————————

After driving for a long while we finally pulled to a stop.
The smell of death filled the air the moment we opened the door. I felt my stomach turn at the sight. There were walls of sandbags, and barricades, bodies littered the streets and sand bags, the only movement was the fly's enjoying their feast. But through the dead there was a building standing intact.

"Stay quiet." Rick instructs. "Let's go."

I walked behind Carl and Lori pulling my shirt over my nose trying to block the smell of rotting flesh but did little help. I keep my head down watching the feet ahead of me trying to avoid looking at the body's.

"Okay, keep moving. Stay together." Rick said as we approached the building.

"Keep moving. Come on." Shane said louder.

"shh."

"Carol." Lori said.

"Keep it together. Come on." Rick rushed as the sky grew darker ready to fade to night.

"We're almost there, baby. Almost there." Lori told Carl.