33 Your Dad Was An Asshole

Michonne was finishing up with the leg twisting fabric around it.

"How is she?" Rick painted coming into the room.

"No offence to Michonne or (Y/n), but whatever they're doing hurts like a Son of a bitch." Deanna said.

"We just finished with the leg." Michonne told Rick.

"That seemed to be the worst of—" I stop not finishing my sentence as I look at Deanna's side which was covered by her shirt, revealing a bite and scratches covered and dripping with her fresh blood.
The room was silent for a long moment.

"Well... shit." Deanna said.

———

I left the room washing Deanna's blood off my arm and readjusting my bandage.

Carl and I were walking down the stairs when he stopped, he looked at me holding a finger to his mouth before watching. I look over and see Ron going to the garage.

"Ron?" Carl asked as we stepped inside the garage. I shut the door behind us as we spot Ron with his head down on the tool bench. "Hey. You all right, man?"

"Enid's dead." Ron sobbed, "We're all dead."

"There's still a chance she made it past the herd." I say.

"Look, my Dad's gonna figure something out. He always does." Carl tells Ron.

"That's bullshit." Ron stood up walking up to Carl. "Your Dad's just gonna get more people killed. 'Cause that's what he does. That's who he is." Tears rolled down Ron's face. "Your Dad's a killer."

"So was yours." Carl said. "We need to work this out."

"I'm dead, Carl. My Mom is dead. My Brother is." Ron spoke.

"No, they're not." Carl told him as Ron walks past us to the door.

"We're gonna make it." Carl assured him as we turned around to see Ron locking the door.

"Your Dad— (Y/n), you're dead, too Carl." Ron pull the keys from lock

I watched as Ron reach behind him to grab something, Carl realized what it was before me and ran forward.

"We're all dead." Ron started to turn around but
Carl got to him in time slamming Ron to door as Ron held his gun. Ron yells as he shoves Carl into a loud metal shelf causing them both to hit the ground.
Ron reached forward grabbing a shovel while getting back to his feet. I watched unsure how I could intervene.

"Carl, Move!" I warn as Ron swung the shovel. Carl ran to the glass door leading outside trying to avoid the shovel.
I watch as Carl ducks just as Ron swung the shovel at him shattering the window behind Carl creating a loud noise bound to attract the Walkers.

"Carl!" Rick yelled from the other side of door desperately trying to get in.

I watch as Carl is pressed against the broken door as Ron pushes the shovel to Carl's neck.

"Let me in! Carl!" Rick shouted.

"Ron!" Jessie screams."Ron, open the door right now!"

I see a Walker approaching the door, I run forward and shove Carl away. Both of the boy's hit the ground.
The cold teeth sink into my shoulder I bite my lip holding in a scream. I pull up my knife stabbing the Walker allowing myself to stumble free from the door as a new Walker replaced the old one.
Carl, free of Ron grabbed a shelf pushing it towards the door.

"Help!" Carl yelled at Ron.
Carl pushed shelf to door, I hurry over assisting Carl but we still wouldn't last long. "Please, Ron! Come on!"

"Come on!" Rick finally got the door open.

We quickly ran over slamming the door behind us as we fight against the walkers trying to get through the door.

"Here, move!" Rick said as he came over with the couch.

"Watch out!" Jessie said.

"Move!" Rick warned laying the couch against the door.

"We need more, and we need to be quiet." Rick instructed as we pushed against the couch.

"I'll see what I can find." Jessie said running off.

"Me, too." Gabriel told us.

"(Y/n), your shoulder!" Carl noticed the blood.

"Shit, I must of cut in on the glass." I say but there was a lot.

"(Y/n), go!" Rick orders.
No use in arguing, I nod and rush upstairs locking myself in the bathroom.
I take a breath before pulling my shirt back away from my wound. I wince at the pain but push through and I wash it and wrap it up with some bandages. I am horrible at surviving, if I wasn't who I am I would have been dead long ago at the prison from the first bite.

"Rick!" I hear Jessie yell from down stairs.

I step out of the bathroom and go to the stairs as Carl, Ron, Gabriel, Jessie, Rick and Michonne are running back as the Walkers flood inside. Rick pulls back the couch blocking the stairs.

We watch as Rick and Michonne drag up two bodies.

"You stay here. You see anyone squeezing through, you get me." Rick told Carl.

"I'll stay as well." I say.

"How are you feeling?" Carl asked me.

"It was just a bit of glass, nothing too serious." I lie, though for me it wasn't that serious but it hurt way more than a piece of glass.

We are soon called in. I felt my stomach turn and found it difficult to not throw up as we had on a bed sheet being smeared with the guts of a Walker.

"Mom?" A little boy, Sam asked as he stepped out of his room.

"You need to listen to me, okay? We aren't safe here anymore. Okay, we need to do this so that we can be safe out there. We need to look like the monsters. Yes, honey, we have to go, okay? We have to, Sam. Honey, just— just pretend you're brave. Okay? Just make it all pretend. Okay, none of this is real and you're somebody who isn't afraid. Okay?" Jessie told her Son.

"We have to go." Michonne told us when we were all covered.

"We're ready." Jessie said. "Ron?"

"Yeah." Ron looked down.

"I'll get Judith." Rick said walking off to get her.

Gently Rick placed Judith underneath Carl bed sheet and we were ready. Rick leading the way pushing the couch to the side, after was Carl then me Jessie followed with Sam and Ron then Gabriel and last Michonne.
Slowly we walked through the sea of Walkers finally making it outside. I looked at the streets filled with with Walkers. I reach forward grabbing onto Carls hand and soon Jessie holds onto my other hand, everyone held hands as we started through the streets.