46 Spaghetti

We arrived at Alexandrea, Negan took us straight to Carl's house. Knocking on the door Olivia answered shocked.

"Carl, (Y/n), where's—" Olivia whispered.

"Enid's fine." Carl assured her.

"Great, great, great, great, great, great!" Negan said inside. "Where's Rick?"

"Uh, I— I'm just—" Olivia spoke nervously.

"Don't care. Where's Rick?" Negan repeated.

"Um, out scavenging for you." Olivia told him.

"Cool. I'll wait." Negan smiled.

"Um... he went out pretty far. They might not be back today. We're running really low on everything. We're practically starving here." Olivia told him.

Negan gave one up and down look at her, "Starving?" I must admit, Olivia was on the larger side. "You? By 'practically,' you mean 'not really.'"
Olivia put her hand over her face and walked back crying. "Really?" Negan looked at us. "You people seriously don't have a sense of humour." Negan sighed walking over to Olivia as her sobs grew. "Excuse me. What's your name again?"

"Olivia." She answered as I turned to Carl.

"Are you okay ?" I whisper.

"I'm fine. Why didn't you tell me, or anyone?" Carl asked.

"I meant too, I never found the time and it wasn't important." I whisper, but we turn our attention to Negan when Olivia slaps him across the face.

"I am about 50% more into you now." Negan told her. "Just sayin'. All right, well, I'm just gonna put my feet up and wait for my stuff to get here. Olivia... would you be a lamb and make us a little lemonade? Now, I know I left you all some of that good powdered stuff."

"Well, I'm supposed to be with—" Olivia started.

"Make it." Negan said. "Make it. Take your time. Make it good." Olivia quickly left. "All right kids. Take me on a grand tour."
Carl lead him through the house. He was barefoot on Carls carpet, shot his darts getting a bullseye, watched the water just run from the kitchen tap.

"How about this one?" Negan asked coming to Judith's door.

"Oh, I-it's just a water heater—" Carl told him.

"Are you serious, kid? Come on." Negan smiled grabbing the nob.

"Please don't—" I tried but he pushed it open.

"Oh-ho, my." Negan said as he say Judith standing up in the crib. "Look at this little angel." I nervously watch as Negan reaches in lifting Judith up. "Oh."

————

We sat on the porch Judith in the arms of Negan.

"Oh, this little girl is precious. Hey, neighbour." Negan smiled as someone came round. "Why don't you come by later? We might grill out. Oh, I like it here. Mm-hmm. I might just have to stay here. You know, I was thinking about what you said earlier, Carl. Maybe it is stupid keeping you and your Dad alive. I mean, why am I trying so hard? Maybe I should just bury you both down in one of those flower beds. Huh? And then I could just settle into the suburbs. What do you think about that?" He asked Judith giving her a kiss.

—————

Negan shaved his face using Rick's razor.

"Against the grain, kid. Always against the grain." Negan chuckled.

————

Carl and I rolled out the pasta as Negan made the sauce.

"Damn, that smells good." Negan smiled. "Want a taste?" Carl and I just looked at him. He shrugged and put the spoon in his mouth. "Okay."

Olivia came back with the lemon and we made five places on the table. I sat beside Carl, Negan sat at the head, Olivia sat at Judith's place and one was left empty for Rick. After a while of waiting for Rick Negan got tired, putting Lucille in Rick's chair he said for us to eat, I wasn't hungry, not for anything he made.

————

Later Spencer came round, they talked on the porch for a bit leaving Carl, me, Olivia and Judith inside.

They brought a pool table out putting out front. Carl, me and Olivia stood on the porch as most of the people came and watched.
I was lost in my mind, the wind felt nice but at the same time it didn't, I usually keep my bites especially fresh ones wrapped up tightly only when it's completely healed and scared over I have a thought about removing the bandage. Every light brush of my hair over the sensitive wound feel.

"You okay?" Carl whispered.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I smile and look back up at Spencer and Negan.

"I am my Mother's Son. I can be the leader she was. That's what this place needs. That's what you need." I heard Spencer tell Negan.

"So I should put you in charge— that's what you're saying?" Negan questioned.

"We'd be much better off." Spencer smiled.

"You know, I'm thinking, Spencer. I'm thinking how Rick threatened to kill me, how he clearly hates my guts. But he is out there right now, gathering shit for me to make sure I don't hurt any of the fine people that live here. He is swallowing his hate and getting shit done. That takes guts. And then there's you... The guy who waited for Rick to be gone so he could sneak over and talk to me to get me to do his dirty work, so he could take Rick's place. So I got to ask— if you wanna take over, why not just kill Rick yourself and just take over?" Negan asked.

"What? No, no. I didn't— I don't—" Spencer acted confused.

"You know what I'm thinking? 'Cause I have a guess. It's because you got no guts." As Negan said that he quickly pulled out a knife before Spencer could react.

My eyes grew wide as the knife went into Spencer's stomach and Negan dragged it to the side. His guts come spilling out, Spencer falls to his knees holding his intestines as blood flowed out and he fell down.

"Ohh. How embarrassing. There they are. They were inside you the whole time. You did have guts." Negan smiled. "I've never been so wrong in my whole life! Now, someone oughta get up here and clean this mess up. Oh. Anyone want to finish the game? C'mon. Anybody? Anybody? C'mon. I was winning!"

There was a single gunshot.