29 Bite

The pain grew with every movement. I didn't know how long I had been running for but when I stopped the light was long gone and I was alone. The moment I stopped I collapsed my side hitting the dirt. My face was wet with tears, I couldn't sleep. I dragged myself to a tree and sat against it trying to catch my breath waiting for the sun to come. 

Slowly the sun crept into the sky warming the world. I was still exhausted but I needed to find the others, I needed to find Carl, before. With effort I pushed myself up and started to walk. My vision grew blurry, red seeped in I was so hot I needed water. My whole body felt like it was on fire, I wanted to just jump in to a frozen lake.

The sun felt like it was burning, I wouldn't last much longer. I sat down under a tree close to a stream of water. I am already out of breath. I have to look at my arm sooner or later before it kills me. I look over and see red from the bite, still some fresh blood dripping down.
I stumbled over to the little stream. The cool water on my skin felt amazing, I scooped it up drinking as much as I could before turning back to the bite.
The moment I touched it overwhelming pain shot through my body. I gasp but it must be washed I can't leave it open. I press my teeth together as I splash the water on. Once I finished I ripped off some fabric from my shirt wrapping it tightly around.
I got up and continued, the pain got worse and so did my vision I won't make it. Everything grew blurry and I felt the ground hit my face. I couldn't do it, I couldn't do it, I couldn't shoot myself I guess I'll just turn.

My vision was filled with black and everything was gone.

"Your Mother is driving you to school today."A safe but lost voice told me.

"I love you sweetheart, we'll be back before supper." I remember these people, but it hurts it was the last time I saw them.

Bright light blinded me, slowly I came into focus leaves were gently blowing above me.
'Am I dead?' I touched my face, I felt like me. 'How, how am I still me?'

I lived, I had a bite and I lived.

—————

A week after I fell asleep in the woods.

I heard laughter, cruel laughter when I opened my eyes I saw three men standing above me, I tried to push myself up with my hands but I could move them.

"She's awake." One of the men smiled.
I was scared, I feel the tears rolling down my face.

"She's crying." Another laughed.

The leader pulled me up onto my knees, I knew what he was thinking and I know no one is coming to help me. I had a knife in my back pocket I focused on that. I cut the rope and waited for the man's face to get close. Quickly I brought the knife up into his neck then I swung it to the side. Without a thought I threw the knife at the guy holding a gun, it imbedded itself into his throat. The last guy and I stood there staring in shock at what just happened I didn't even know what I did. We both lunged for the gun by the dead guy. He pulled me down landing a punch across my face. I brought my knee up and shoved him off of me before grabbing the gun and slamming it into his head over and over again, I bashed his skull in.
That was my first, first three human kills, yes they were horrible people but they were people.

After that I found these signs leading to a place called Terminus, sanctuary for all. I hoped I would find the others there but when I arrived it was overrun with Walkers and was recently burned.

I kept going through everything because the hope that they would be alive, the chance that I could see Carl again, see everyone, Carol, Rick, Judith, Michonne, Glenn, Beth, Maggie and Daryl.

The bites don't turn me, they don't kill me, but they hurt.
It was late, I wasn't careful enough I found a house. I grabbed a rock smashing a window. Something tightly grabbed my leg, I crashed to the ground. It's nails dug into my skin then followed the teeth. I was finally able to reach my gun blowing a hole through the Walker's head. I kicked the body away and ran to the window, jumping in. I stood beside the window stabbing any Walker that poked in.
That was my second bite I've had a total of two, not bad but worse than most people. They heal but leave scars, even the scratches so I always leave the bandage on covering them.

—————

I'm 14 now, I've gotten smarter and stronger. The girl that could never shoot straight, now I've never missed for the longest time. I'm great with a bow, knife, gun. I passed through an abandoned house and found clothes that surprisingly fit me, I found those months ago.

I never found any good people, only bad.