11 Shot

Stepping out of the bushes we found a large white church, but no bell.

    "That can't be it. Got no steeple, no bells." Shane said. "Rick."
Right church or not we all sprinted across the the well kept grass begging to overgrow that had many graves.
Rick ran up the stone steps followed by Daryl and Shane, stopping in front of the red doors.
Lori handed Rick a machete. I looked through the people, taking a step back after figuring out what was inside, three Walkers.

   "No." I muttered turning around so I wouldn't see.

    "It's safe now." Lori told me. I took a breath following them inside.

     "SOPHIA!" Daryl screamed.

There was another ring of a bell. Everyone rushed past us quick to find the noise. Glenn got there first disabling it, it was only a speaker.

     "A timer. It's on a timer." Daryl said.

    "I'm gonna go back in for a bit." Carol said.
We all went in after.

     "Father, forgive me. I don't deserve your mercy. I prayed for safe passage from Atlanta and you provided. I prayed for Ed to be punished for laying his hands on me and for looking at his own Daughter with whatever sickness was growing in his soul. I prayed you'd put a stop to it, give me a chance to raise he right, help her not make my mistakes." Carol prayed as I quietly sat beside Lori. "She's so fearful. She's so young in her way. She hasn't had a chance. Praying for Ed's death was a sin. Please, don't let this be my punishment. Let her be safe, alive and safe. Please, Lord. Punish me however you want, but show mercy on her." She turned around and Lori welcomed her to sit on the other side of her.

   "Ahem." Shane cleared his throat walking over to us a we stood in the shade under a tree ready to leave. "Y'all gonna follow the creek bed back, okay? Daryl, you're in charge. Me and Rick, we're just gonna hang back, search this area another hour or so just to be thorough."

    "You're splitting us up. You sure?" Daryl checked.

    "Yeah, we'll catch up to you." Shane said.

    "I want to stay too." Carl stepped up.

    "Me too." I say.

   "We're her friends." Carl backed up.

    "Just be careful, you two, okay?" Lori said.

     "We will." Carl told her as I smiled.

    "When did you start growing up?" Lori asked pulling Carl into a hug.
Rick walked forward giving Lori a kiss and hug. "I'll be along soon enough. Here take this." Rick handed Lori a gun. "Remember how to use it?"

    "I'm not taking your gun and leaving you unarmed." Lori rejected.

    "Here, got a spare. Take it." Daryl offered and she accepted.

Carl, Shane, and I waited on the steps of the church as Rick was inside.

     "Get what you needed?" Shane asked as Rick came down the steps.

     "Guess I'll find out." Rick said walking past.

———————Later————————————