30 Back

The sound of feet approached me, I quickly stepped behind a tree.

"Shit." I muttered snapping a twig, I new they heard me.

"Show yourself." An oddly familiar voice asked.

"I prefer staying hidden. And if I do come out, will you shot?" I asked.

"Just step out. We know you're just a kid." The voice asked.

"I could kill ya." I tell them. "I've killed before, I've killed many before."

"How many Walkers have you killed?" The same voice asked.

"Lost count long ago." I answered, I knew these questions.

"How many people have you killed?" He questioned.

"Eleven." I said.

"Why?" The voice asked after a pause.

"They wanted to kill me, or do something worse." I tell them.

"Step out." He asked again. It was no use hiding I took a breath tightening my bandage's around my bites and stepped out.
My jaw dropped and my arms fell limp as I stared at the three men in front of me even though only one of them mattered. He had longer hair now but he still had the crossbow.

"No way." Dixon muttered.
I brought my hand to my mouth as tears rolled down my cheeks, they weren't sad tears, no, they were happy tears.
I stand there unable to move for the longest time before I run up in a hug.
"You're alive." I smile as I step back.

"We all thought ya died, kid. How'd you get out?" Daryl asked looking at me.

"Tombs, I was trying to make sure everyone got out and the exit was destroyed so I had to leave though there. I don't blame you for thinking I was dead, I thought I was dead." I tell him.

"Aaron and Morgan, she knows Rick." Daryl explained nodding to the other two men.

"Is- is everyone okay?" I worry. "Rick, Carol, Maggie, Glenn, Michonne, Beth, Judith, Carl?"

"Yeah, just not, Beth." Daryl looked down.

     "I'm sorry." I say.

     "It ain't your fault, kid. Just glad you all right." Daryl said.

    "You know this kid?" Aaron wondered.

     "Yeah, and she's coming back with us." Daryl told them.

    "I'm (Y/n), Daryl and I left Atlanta together with Rick." I say.

—————

A gunshot echoed as we watched a blood covered Rick shoot a man pinned to the ground as another man bled out in the arms of a red head woman.

"Rick?" Morgan said as we looked at him covered in blood.

I look around at the people present I saw Maggie, Carol and Michonne among other strangers.

"(Y/n)?" I heard Carol gasp.
I saw her face lit up by a fire, her hand covering her mouth.
I smile, avoiding the body's I walk over to her, she pulled me into a hug as she choked down tears of happiness.

"Is it really you?" I asked pulling out of the hug looking at me.

"It's me." I smile as Maggie comes and pulls me close.

"How did you get out?" Maggie asked.

"The tombs." I answer.

"I just— you're alive." Carol smiled in disbelief.

"Where's Carl?" I asked looking around.

"He's at his house with Judith, that way." Maggie pointed.

—————

I knocked on the door, it didn't take long for it to open. Standing in front of me was the one person I wanted to see the most, Carl. He just stared at me in shock and disbelief.
I smile with tears rolling down my face. We both move towards each other at the same time pulling each other close.

"It's you, it's really you, you're alive." Carl sobbed.

"I thought I would never find you." I wept into him.

After our long hug we sat on the couch.

"How's Judith?" I ask.

"She's great, just sleeping." Carl said.

"This place is wonderful, how long have you been here?" I wonder looking around the room.

"A couple days, there's other kids our age here." Carl told me.

"I can't believe I found you all." I smile at him.

"Hey, what happened to your arm?" Carl wondered looking at the blood stained bandage I had on.

"Oh, I just cut it when I was running." I say.

"It looks old." Carl said.

"It's fine." I smile. "Now, are there warm showers?"

"Yeah." Carl smiled.

"Then I'm gonna go take a long shower then I'll be back." I laugh getting up.

————

I take off the bandages as I lock the door and turn on the water, there was still and will always be a very noticeable scar. I'd have to tell them at some point but for now I prefer to keep it a secret.