57 I Won't Let You Die

(I know how I want to save him is weird I just couldn't think of anything else. Don't judge me I'll explain reasons later. )

From my brain practically stopping it was now racing going through everything I know everything I've ever learned, everything I've ever experienced.

"I-I can save you." I say quietly.

"(Y/n) I'm sorry I should've—"

"I can save you, or I can try." I step back and look at him.

"You can't do anything."

"Blood— my blood. Carl I've been bit, scratched, I've gone through the fever, the pain and I've lived. I can't cure this I don't think there is a cure but I can maybe save you. Please let me try. I know you don't want to die, and I can't have you die." I plead hopefully.

"It might not work."

"It probably won't. Carl, I know I'm probably crazy but I can't let you die knowing I could have saved you it would eat me alive. I-if you turn I will shoot you, I'll make sure you wouldn't hurt anyone. But I have to at least try." I tell him.

"What do you have to do?" Carl wondered.

     "Y-you're losing blood, you are. You also do already have some of my blood in you." I say.

     "What?" Carl asked confused.

    "From the farm, when you were first shot Rick— your Dad was giving too much so I gave you some. I can give you more and that can help." I explained.

      "(Y/n), you really think it'll work?" Carl wondered.

     "I'm not sure but it's the only thing I can think of, just don't have to much hope." I tell him.

————

I walked into his still pretty much empty room. He sat in the corner a pen in hand and a pad of paper on his knees.

"What are you doing?" I wonder as I walked over holding a cold wet cloth.

"Writing letters for everyone, in case." Carl looked up.

"How bad does it hurt?" I asked as I sat down beside him on the soft carpet.

"Its hurting more." Carl said.

"I'm just going clean it with water then I'll put a bandage over it, I'm warning you it's gonna hurt." I lift up his shirt and gently pressed the cloth on the bite. Carl sharply exhaled and clenched his fist. "Sorry, I'm almost done." I tell him.

     "You're doing it on purpose." Carl accused.

     "I'm not I promise." I smile putting the cloth down and then putting on a bandage.

I sit down beside him after sticking the IV in.

"Who are you writing the letters to?" I ask.

"Michonne, Dad, Enid, you and Negan." Carl told me.

"Negan?" I checked. "Why."

"Because, maybe Dad can do what he did at the prison with the people from Woodbury." Carl said.

"You don't want Negan dead? After everything? Carl I love you but I don't understand you sometimes." I say.

"I love you. But I think Negan and Dad can work together." Carl explains.

————

"If he's not back soon, we'll meet him there." Tobin said as we stood on the wall with the sun rising. "Hopefully, they'll be with him."

"What about Michonne?" Carl asked.
Tobin pulled a letter from his pocket.

I had to see it for myself

I'm sorry I didn't say goodbye first. Will be back soon.

Michonne.

That was all the letter said.

————

We went down into the sewer where Siddiq was with a bag. I Carl set some candles around as I set up a place for Siddiq to sleep.

We sat down as Carl brought out some food. Carl passed me some chocolate. I looked at him and broke it in half, giving one half to him.

————

I smiled as he sat with Judith rocking back and forth in the rocking chair.

I watch from behind as Carl and Judith stick their hands in blue paint and press them onto the floor.

Judith pointed up at me with her blue palm after Carl and her high-fived.

"No, I can't." I tell her. "This is special. But you and your big Brother can go wash your hands and sit on the stairs in front of the house."

Judith's smile was adorable as the camera flashed.

————

We were outside in the grass with Judith as a red car drove in, Michonne waved at us.
Carl smiled and waved back.

————

It was dark Carl wanted to check on Siddiq one last time for today.

"Carl. (Y/n)." We heard Michonne call as we climbed out of the sewer. "I've been lookin' for you two. We're about ready to head out. What are you two doing?"

"We're helping someone." Carl answered. "A traveller."

"In the sewer?" Michonne questioned.

Just then we heard the clatter of metal and feedback.

"You may be wondering why the hell your lookouts didn't sound the alarm." Negan's voice echoed through the silent air. "See, we are polite. I mean, I don't know when they're gonna wake up from that kind of shot, but they should wake up. So let's just cut through the cow shit— you lose. It's over. So you're gonna line up in front of your little houses, and you're gonna work up some apologies, and then the person with the lamest one is gonna get killed. Then I kill Rick in front of everybody, and we move on. You have three— count 'em, three minutes to open this gate, or we start bombing the shit out of you!"

"They got out." Michonne whispered.

"Come on." Carl said as Negan whistled. "Michonne. (Y/n). Come on!"

——