25 Old Friend

"We're not leaving." Rick said.

"We can't stay here." Hershel told Rick.

"What if there's another sniper? A wood pallet won't stop one of those rounds." Maggie said.

"We can't even go outside." Beth said.

"Not in daylight." Carol added.

      "But at night there are more Walkers." I say.

"Rick says we're not running, we're not running." Glenn said.

"No, better to live like rats." Merle commented.

"You got a better idea?" Rick asked him.

"Yeah, we should have slid out of here last night and lived to fight another day." Merle explained." But we lost that window, didn't we? I'm sure he's got scouts on every road out of this place by now."

"We ain't scared of that prick." Daryl said.

"Y'all should be. That truck through the fence thing, that's just him ringing the doorbell. We might have some thick walls to hide behind, but he's got the guns and the numbers. And if he takes the Highground around this place, shoot, he could just starve us out if he wanted to." Merle told us.

"Let's put him in the other cell block." Maggie suggested not enjoying Merle's presence, then again the only person that did and does is Daryl.

"No. He's got a point." Daryl told Maggie.

"This is all you. You started this." Maggie yelled at Merle.

"What difference whose fault it is? What do we do?" Beth asked.

"I said we should leave. Now Axel's dead. We can't just sit here." Hershel said. Rick started to walk away without saying anything. "GET BACK HERE!" Hershel yelled, it scared me, and startled everyone, Rick stopped walking. "You're slipping Rick. We've all seen it. We understand why. But now is not the time. You once said this isn't a democracy. Now you have to own up to that. I put my family's life in your hands. So get your head clear and do something." Hershel told him.

——————

I stayed inside looking after Judith as the others ran out. Carl and Maggie were on watch when they spotted something strange, someone strange, Andrea.

———

Carol hugs Andrea as she enters.

"After you saved me and (Y/n), we thought you were dead." Carol told her.

"Hershel, oh my god. I can't believe this. Where's Shane? And Lori?" Andrea wonders looking around the room.

"She had a girl. Lori didn't survive." Hershel told her.

"Neither did T-Dog." Carol added.

"I'm so sorry. Carl. Rick, I— you all live here?" Andrea asked.

"Here and the cell block." Glenn told her.

"There? Well, can I go in?" Andrea pointed and started walking.

"I won't allow that." Rick stopped her standing in front.

"I'm not an enemy, Rick." Andrea said.

"We had that field and courtyard until your boyfriend tore down the fence with a truck and shot us up." Rick told Andrea.

"He said you fired first." Andrea claimed.

"Well, he's lying." Rick told her.

"He killed an inmate who survived in here." Hershel informed Andrea.

"We liked him. He was one of us." Daryl told Andrea.

"I didn't know anything about that. As soon as I found out, I came. I didn't even know you were in Woodbury until after the shoot-out." Andrea told us all.

"That was days ago." Glenn said.

"I told you, I came as soon as I could. What have you told them?" Andrea asked Michonne as she spotted her.

"Nothing." Michonne told her.

"I don't get it. I left Atlanta with you people and now I'm the odd man out?" Andrea wondered confused.

"He almost killed Michonne and he would have killed us." Glenn told Andrea.

"With his finger on the trigger. Isn't he the one who kidnapped you? Who beat you?" Andrea pointed at Merle. "Look, I cannot excuse or explain what Philip has done. But I am here trying to bring us together. We have to work this out." Andrea tried.

"There's nothing to work out. We're gonna kill him. I don't know how or when, but we will." Rick assured her.

"We can settle this. There is room at Woodbury for all of you." Andrea claimed.

"You know better than that." Merle chuckles.

"What makes you think this man wants to negotiate? Did he say that?" Hershel asked.

"No." Andrea shook her head.

"Then why did you come here?" Rick asked.

"Because he's gearing up for war. The people are terrified. They see you as killers. They're training to attack." Andrea explained.

"I'll tell you what. Next time you see Philip, you tell him I'm gonna take his other eye." Daryl told her.

"We're taken too much shit for too long. He wants a war? He's got one." Glenn said.

"Rick. If you don't sit down and try to work this out, I don't know what's gonna happen. He has a whole town. Look at you. You've lost so much already. You can't stand alone anymore." Andrea told him.

"You want to make this right, get us us inside." Rick told her.

"No." Andrea disagreed.

"Then we got nothing to talk about." Rick said and walked away leaving the room.

"There are innocent people." Andrea claimed.

———————

"Can you spare it?" Andrea asked about the silver car.

"Yeah." Rick said.

"Well, take care." Andrea told us a she got in car.

"Andrea." Rick said and walked towards the car window handing her knife and gun back. "Be careful."

"You too." Andrea said before driving off.
—————

That night Beth sang, it was beautiful.