18 Fire

"I'm going them." Andrea decided standing up.
We all sat or stood quietly in the living room waiting for the others to return. Randall apparently broke free and snuck up on Shane stealing his gun.

"Don't. They could be anywhere." Lori stopped her. "And if Randall comes back we're gonna need you here." At that the door opens, Glenn and Daryl walk in.

"Rick and Shane ain't back?" Daryl asked.

"No." Lori answered.

"We heard a shot." Daryl said.

"Maybe they found Randall." Lori said.

"We found him." Daryl answered.

"Is he back in the shed?" Maggie asked.

"He's a Walker." Daryl said.

"Did you find the Walker that bit him?" Hershel asked.

"No, the weird thing is he wasn't bit." Glenn said.

"His neck was broken." Daryl explained.

"So he fought back." Patricia said.

"The thing is, Shane and Randall's tracks were right on top of each other. And Shane ain't no tracker, so he didn't come up behind him. They were together." Daryl explained.

"Would you please get back out there, and find Rick and Shane and find out what on earth is going on?" Lori asked.

"You got it." Daryl agreed.

"Thank you."

———

Patricia came inside turning out all the lights. I go outside and see the reason, Walkers a whole herd.

"Carl's gone." Lori said.

"What?" Daryl asked.

"He— he was upstairs. I can't find him anymore." Lori explained.

"Maybe he's hiding." Glenn suggested.

"He's supposed to be upstairs. I'm not leaving without my boy." Lori said.

"We're not. We're gonna look again. We're gonna find him. Come on (Y/n)." Carol said as we ran inside.

I ran upstairs looking through the room finding no signs of him. I saw a yellow glow coming from the window. I crept over and looked out. The barn was set ablaze, drawing some of the Walkers towards it. I hear footsteps as Lori runs past the door. I follow her down.

"I can't find him anywhere." Lori said.

"So maybe he snuck outside." Carol suggested.

"What do I do?" Lori shouted.

"He was here." Carol told her. "He must've run off, maybe looking for Rick or went after Randall himself."

"Maybe he set the fire." Patricia said.

———

"I checked the shed. I can't find him anywhere." Lori said as we stood on the deck.

"Not in the cellar or the attic." Carol said.

"Why can't he listen for once? Okay okay, if he followed his Daddy, he went that way." Lori pointed.

"No, you'll lead 'em right to him. We can't stay here!" Carol told Lori.

"That's my boy!" Lori cried.

"You're gonna have to trust. If we find him, he's gonna need his Mother. We've gotta go." Carol told her pulling her back.

"Get the others." Lori said. "CARL!"

"Come on, (Y/n)." Carol said taking my hand and leading me inside. "Beth, Patricia, come on. We've gotta go now." Carol called and we were all quickly back outside. "Lori."

"Hershel. Hershel. Hershel!" Lori called but the man would not turn around. "Hershel, it's time to go!"

"Come on! Now!" Carol pleaded.

"Hershel! Hershel!" Lori tried one last time.

"We gotta go. We gotta get out of here. We gotta go." Carol repeated as we ran through the Walker infested yard. Carol held tight onto my hand tightly not letting me go. I was terrified, Walkers were everywhere, the sounds of gunfire filled the air but slowly quieted down into just the groans of Walkers, tears were rolling down my cheeks, I wanted to scream but was scared that more would come.

"No." Carol cried, I looked up to see the shed right ahead of us blocking our way as Walkers closed in. "No! No!"

We backed toward the the shed watching as the Walker approached us.

There were loud gunshots as the Walkers dropped, Andrea stood behind. We took a breath.

"LOOK OUT!" Carol screamed as a Walker was directly behind Andrea. She turned around firing a shot but the Walker crashed on top and they fell to the dirt.
Carol pulled me away running off.

Carol and I screamed desperate for help as we stumbled along. At last I saw a hopeful sight of headlights coming towards us.

"Come on, I ain't got all day!" Daryl said as he sat on his bike.

Carol and I ran forward, she picked me up sitting me behind Daryl as she got on behind. I held onto Daryl still shaking with fear as I closed my eyes and he sped away.

——————Morning——————————

Slowly the bike drove up to the highway where we first stopped. Behind us were the other two vehicles.
I smiled at the sight of Carl, Hershel and Rick who were already there.
I hopped off walking over to the others.

    "Oh thanks god!" Lori said relieved as she ran to Carl. Lori, Rick and Carl having a long hug.

Once they finish Carl and I had a hug, no where near as long as the one he had with his Mother but still a good hug both of us relieved to be alive.

     "Where's the rest of us?" Daryl asked.

    "We're the only ones that made it so far." Rick said.

     "Shane?" Lori wondered and Rick shook his head.

     "Andrea?" Glenn asked.

    "She saved me and (Y/n), then we lost her." Carol explained.

    "We saw her go down." T-Dog said.

     "Patricia?" Hershel asked.

     "They got her too," Beth said weakly as she cried, "Took her right in front of me. I was— I was holdin' onto her, Daddy. She just— what about Jimmy? Did you see Jimmy?"

     "He was in the R.V. It got overrun." Rick said.

    "You definitely saw Andrea?" Carol wondered.

    "There were Walkers everywhere." Lori said.

     "Did you see her?" Carol asked again.

    "I'm gonna go back." Daryl said.

    "No." Rick told him.

   "We can't just leave her." Daryl protested.

    "We don't even know if she's there." Lori said.

    "She isn't there. She isn't. She's somewhere else or she's dead. There's no way to find her." Rick said.

     "So we're not even gonna look for her?" Glenn asked.

     "We gotta keep moving. There have been Walkers crawling all over here." Rick said.

    "I say head east." T-Dog suggested.

    "Stay off the main roads." Daryl instructed. "The biggest the road, the more Walkers."

————

That night Rick admitted that he killed Sane, he was gonna kill him, he killed Randall just to get Rick out there but Rick killed him, and Carl put him down when he changed into a Walker, he wasn't bit.
Rick told us something else that stays in my mind.
We're all infected.