51 New Places

The gate of Alexandria was pulled open as we walked up.

"Lose the car?" Tobin asked us.

"Uh, it's somewhere safe." Rick told him.

"You didn't find anything." Tobin said.

"No. Listen, we need to get everyone ready. The—" But just as Rick said that the sound of vehicles approached, the Saviors.

We watched as a motorbike led the way with four trucks behind and two more bikes after that.

The Saviours stepped out and walked towards us a we walked towards them.

"Rick. Hello." Simon greeted. "And... hello again."

"We thought it'd be longer." Rick said.

"Do you think we're here for a tribute? Do you?" Simon wondered.

"Is there another reason?" Rick asked.

"There is. We're here for Daryl." Simon said.

"Negan took Daryl." Rick told him.

"Oh, but... then your Son and his girlfriend showed up, Daryl went missing— might those two things be connected?" Simon guessed.

"There're not." Rick told him. "We didn't know he was gone till right now."

"Then this should be easy." Simon smiled. "Now, everyone find a buddy. Gonna have to follow us around. If he's here, we really need you all to see him die." Simon walked up to Carl and flicked his hat.

The Saviors searched everywhere, knocked over everything they could in the doctors, ripped apart houses.

"Wow." Simon whistled as we walked by the place where the food was supposed to be kept, the shelves were completely bare. "These are some bare shelving units. You guys have a barbecue or something and not invite us? Seriously, this is sad. Hope you're not trying to hide stuff from us, 'cause that generally doesn't go over very well."

"We have a lot of people. It's... getting harder to find stuff, and our focus lately has been on finding things that Negan might want. We're still adjusting to the new system." Aaron explained.

"We were gonna scavenge more today." Rick added. "If you just wait, we'll... bring something back. We'll find more."

"Aww." Simon chuckles. "Relax. I'm not here for a pick-up. Good thing. But that day is coming, so you best do whatever you need to. Dig deep. Go the extra mile. Take some risks!"

"We will." Michonne says.

"Well, we will appreciate that." Simon said and we left walking back to the gate. "Thank you for the cooperation, Rick." The cars and trucks drove off and the last stopped picking up Simon. "Oh! And, Rick...if Daryl does turn up here two days from now, two months from now... hell, two years from now, just know there's no statute of limitation's on this. Keep that hatchet handy. You're gonna need it if he turns up with you people. And it won't turn out the way you did for your boy." He patted the truck and left.

"What happened to the pantry?" Rick asked.

"We don't know." Aaron said. "And we need to talk about Gabriel."

"Where is he?" Rick wondered.

"He was on watch the night you all went to scavenge. I was supposed to take over for him in the morning. He wasn't at his post." Tobin walked up.

"Pantry was cleared out and a car was gone." Aaron added.

"No one's seen him since." Eric said.

"That Son of a bitch." Rosita scoffed. "He stole our shit and ran."

"That's... not what it looks like." Tobin said.

"Well, I don't want to believe it." Michonne spoke.

"I don't believe it." Rick said. "That's not Gabriel. He wouldn't do that to us."

"I thought he changed to but it can't be anything else." Rosita crossed her arms.

    "Yes, it can." Rick walked off.

—————

Rick and the others went back to the pantry to find clues about Gabriel as Carl and I went to check on Judith. They found one clue and Aaron, Rick, Michonne, Tara and Rosita left to find him.

They found Gabriel, he was taken by people who lived in the Garbage dump. Rick was able to make a deal with them. If we got them lots of guns they would join. Michonne and Rick went out for a couple days to find guns.

When they came back they didn't stay long and left with the others to give the Garbage People their guns. But they wanted more giving us the same problem of how to get more.

———

There was this place called Oceanside, Tara found it, or they found her. It was a community of just women.

"They— they have guns. A lot of them. I saw it." Tara said.

"What?" Daryl questioned.

"That group. Um, the women I met." Tara sighed. "They have an armoury. They have guns."

"Why didn't you tell us before now?" Rick wondered.

"I made a promise, Rick." Tara said.

———

"Do you ever think about who you've killed?" I ask Carl as we stand in the woods looking over a lake. "Because I do."

"Yeah." Carl nodded.

———

We walked together Tara leading the way.
Tara went out in, if she didn't come out with a deal in a certain amount of time we start firing and setting off explosions outside of the walls not wanting to hurt anyone. Even Eric, Jesus, and Enid came.

The first explosion went off followed soon by a second leading the people away from the armoury and to the woods.

——

Everything went according to plan the people ran right where we wanted them. Carl, Enid, I, Francine and Gabriel stepped out of the bushes guns up blocking the people. Carl held a machine gun as I had my own pistol. I know a pistol isn't that special and isn't as powerful as any other gun I could use but I pistol was all I needed, and I was a damn good shot with it.

"Everybody down!" Francine yelled.

"Hands on your heads." Gabriel instructed.

"Everybody stay calm." I say.

"We don't want anyone to get hurt." Carl told them. "Stay down and listen to what we say."

"We want this to go as simply and as peacefully as possible. All of you can make it that way." Gabriel said as Daryl, Rick and Jesus joined with two other women.

"Get down over there. Keep quiet." Daryl told them.

"Now, we made a lot of noise. We want to wrap this up quick, so you can send people to redirect anything coming this way. Tara said your forest are relatively clear, so we won't take any chances. No one needs to get hurt. This is just about what you have, what we need." Rick told the probably scared and confused people kneeling on the ground.