36 Sick

Gabriel, Daryl, Carol, Maggie, Aaron, Heath, Rosita, Michonne, Sasha, Glenn, Tara, Spencer and Rick all left the next day to kill the Saviors.

It was a successful trip, everyone came back alive.

———

We were still running low on supplies but that day we learned that we didn't beat the Saviors, Denise, Rosita and Daryl went out to get medicine. Denise was shot through the eye with an arrow but the Saviors. All though they did kill a couple of the Saviors that were responsible many got away.

———

The next day Daryl ran off to kill the ones responsible for Denise's death. Glenn, Michonne and Rosita drove out to stop him.
Next we found out Carol left, Rick and Morgan went out to find her a bring her back.

On top of all that, close to the end of the day there was something wrong with Maggie's baby, there was something seriously wrong and she needed the doctor at the Hilltop as soon as possible.

————

I followed Carl into the arsenal.

"Glenn's still no back. And I'm now the closest thing we have to a doctor, I need to go with Maggie." I told Carl.

"I said no." Carl said.

"Carl." I say.

"Look, you need to stay back and protect this place." Carl told me filling a bag with guns, ammo and weapons.

"Almost everyone knows how to fight already. If you were worried about an attack you wouldn't be leaving." I tell him.

"You know how far the Hilltop is? You know what could happen? Those Saviors are out there. You know what they did to Denise, what they tried to do with Maggie and Carol, to Daryl, to Rosita, to Eugene. That's not happening to you, all right? I'm not gonna let it." Carl said looking at me.

"Carl, I know what happened to them. That's why I'm not letting you go without me." I told him and started towards the door.

"(Y/n), stop. Just wait." Carl quickly stepped in front of me blocking the way.

"Carl, I'm going. I'm not gonna stay here waiting unsure if you made it safe or if anyone died. I care about Maggie, but, I care about you more. Carl, I love you." I finally say but closed my eyes too scared to see his reaction yet." It's taken me a long time to figure it out and at a horrible time too, but I love you more than life. You were the reason why I kept going after the prison, because I had hope I would find you. I know you probably don't feel the same way but-." I'm suddenly cut off when his lips crash into mine.

"I don't want you hurt." Carl told me after with his hand on my cheek.

"I won't get hurt, I know how to fight. I'm coming." I tell him. "And I won't leave your sight."

"We've gotta go now." Carl nodded and we hurried outside.

Aaron, Abraham, Carl, I, Eugene, Spencer, Sasha, and Rick, we all got in the camper with Maggie on the bed to drive to the Hilltop.

———

I knelt beside Maggie not leaving her.

"Hey." Rick said coming into the back and knelt down.

"Hey." Maggie said back.

"We're gonna get there. The doctor at the Hilltop, he's gonna make things better. Hey." Rick told her.

"How do you know?" She asked.

"Everything we've done, we've done together. We got here together and we're still here. Things have happened, but it's always worked out for us 'cause it's always been all of us. That's how I know. 'Cause as long as it's all of us, we can do anything." Rick told her.

    "What the bitch?" I heard Abraham say from the wheel as the camper slowed to a stop.

    "What?" Rick asked going over to him.

    "Enemy close." Abraham answered.

I looked out through the window and saw a road block of around seven Saviors, three cars and one badly beaten up man laying on the concrete.
I stayed inside as Rick, Eugene, Aaron, Carl, Sasha and Abraham walked outside standing across from the Saviors but keeping a distance.

    "He's someone who was with a whole lot of someones who didn't listen." The Savior standing by the guy laying on the road spoke.

   "We can make a deal right here, right now." Rick offered.

    "That's right, we can. Give us all your stuff. We'll probably have to kill one of you. That's just the way it is, but then we can start moving forward on business. All you have to do is listen." The Savior explained.

"Yeah... that deal's not gonna work for us. Fact is, I was about to ask for all your stuff, only I'm thinking I don't have to kill any of you. Any more of you." Rick added.

Another Savior walked forward rattling a spray can and spraying a red X on the man.

"Sorry, my deal is the only deal." The Savior said. "We don't negotiate."

"Me and my people are leaving." Rick said as I watched them back up.

"Okay, friend. Plenty of ways to get to where you're going." The Savior said.

Rick paused right at the door and turned back to the Saviors. "You want to make today your last day on Earth?"

"No, but that is a good thing to bring up. Think about it." The Savior said. "What if it's the last day on Earth for you? For someone you love? What if that's true? Maybe you should be extra nice to those people in that RV, cause you never know... just like that. Be kind to each other. Like you said... like it was your last day on Earth."

"You do the same." Rick told him before stepping in.

Abraham started the engine and we backed out of there.

————

We stopped again but this time it was just for the others to discuss.

"Why didn't you stay back and help guard the place?" Carl asked Aaron who was beside Maggie who was sleeping.

"I owe her. Why did you two come?" Aaron asked us.

"We owe them." Carl answered.

The RV started moving and we were off.