14 Barn

Gunfire followed by the shattering glass echoed through the air as we tried to hit the bottles on the fence. Rick and Shane closely watched everyone.

"Got it." Carl said happily.

"That's a great shot." Rick smiled. "(Y/n) you too."

"No, I'm no good. It took me ten tries just to skim it." I sigh.

"Keep practicing and you'll get there." Rick encouraged.

————————Next Day——————————

I'm sitting beside Carl around the fire eating out breakfast.

I look up as Glenn walks to the tent and stops turning to the group.

"Um, guys." Glenn starts. "So... the barn is full of Walkers."

——————

I stand by with the rest of the group as Shane looks through the barn.

"You cannot tell me you're all right with this." Shane said walking back.

"No I'm not, but we're guests here this isn't our land." Rick told him.

"This is our lives!" Shane yelled.

"Lower your voice." Glenn warned.

"We can't just sweep this under the rug." Andrea said.

"It ain't right. Not remotely. Okay, we've either got to go in there, we've got to make things right or we've just got to go. Now we have been talking about Fort Benning for a long time." Shane spoke.

"We can't go." Rick rejected.

"Why, Rick? Why?" Shane asked.

"Because my Daughter is still out there." Carol said.

     "Okay. Okay, I think it's time that we all start to just consider the other possibility." Shane sighed.

     "We're not leaving Sophia behind." Rick shut him down.

     "I'm close to finding this girl. I just found her damn doll two days ago." Daryl claimed.

     "You found her doll," Shane laughed, "Daryl. That's what you did. You found a doll."

     "You don't know what the hell you're talking about!" Daryl yelled.

      "I'm just saying what needs to be said. You get a good lead, it's in the first 48 hours." Shane shouted.

    "Shane, stop." Rick tried.

    "Let me tell you something else, man. If she was alive out there and saw you coming all methed out with your buck knife and geek ears around your neck, she would run in the other direction!" Shane yelled.

I watched as Rick tried his best to keep the two away from each other.

    "Back off!" Rick warned Shane.

    "Keep your hands off me." Shane said to Lori.

    "Now just let me talk to Hershel. Let me figure it out." Rick told Shane.

     "WHAT ARE YOU GONNA FIGURE OUT?!" Shane shouted.

   "If we're gonna stay, if we're gonna clear this barn, I have to talk him into it. This is his land." Rick yelled.

    "Hershel sees those things in there as people—" Dale said. "Sick people— his Wife, his— his stepson."

    "You knew?" Rick questioned.