35 Weeks Later

It's been a couple weeks since the herd came, we were rebuilding and everything was going well.
I had my own house, I didn't want to live with anybody else all though my house was close to Carl's. I was there when Carl woke up. I was so relieved to see him open his eye, he has a bandage now that he always keeps on his eye. I had a photo of him and Judith kept in my room beside the one of my parents. Life was good but that made me worry, because when you have something good it never lasts long.

—————

I was outside the wall with Carl and Enid walking through the woods.

    "Look." Enid stopped picking up a folded piece of paper in the leaves.

    "What's it say?" Carl asked her.

    "It got wet. It's all gone." Enid sighed.

    "Come on." Carl said walking off.

     "It doesn't look that old." Enid said.

     "Yeah?" Carl questioned.

     "I mean, we can't read what they wrote, but just by doing this, they're saying something." Enid explained.

    "What?" I asked.

     "We're not alone." Enid chuckled.

     "We knew that. We saw it. People died." Carl answered.

    "Why are we coming out here?" Enid wondered.

    "Cause we're kids. It's what they do." Carl told us.

     "We're not kids." Enid said.

     "You can always be kids and by our age we still are." I smile.

————

We sat against a log reading, Carl and I had comics as Enid was attempting to read the paper she found, but it was nice, peaceful.
We heard the rustling of leaves.

    "Come on." Enid said as we stood up. She hid behind the tree as Carl took out his gun and I took out my knife.
Through the trees I saw two figures one a man, Spencer, and the other a woman, Michonne.

    "It was just Michonne and Spencer." Carl said.

    "What were they doing?" Enid wondered.

     "Walking." I said.

     "I don't know." Carl sat back down.

     "I don't want to come out here anymore." Enid spoke.

    "Why?" I stood up as Carl collected his comics.

     "I just don't." Enid answered.

     "Okay." Carl put on his hat.
On our way back we heard snarling and saw a figure limping. Carl pulled out his gun as I took out my knife.

    "Carl. (Y/n)." Enid said.

    "Michonne's out here. I'm not leaving it." Carl told her as we walked towards the Walker, Carl whistled to get its attention. The Walker turned towards us and Carl stopped.

     "No." Enid said at the sight of Deanna.

     "Hey, come on." Carl called.

      "What are you doing?" I ask Carl.

      "Come on." He calls again.

     "What are you doing?" Enid asked louder.

     "Just go." Carl told her.

     "We should kill it." Enid said.

     "Go home." Carl said.

     "No." Enid told him.