52 More Guns

"Nobody's talking anything." An older lady yelled as she walked over holding onto Tara holding a gun to the back of her head. "You need to let everyone go and leave right now. Just walk away or this one dies."

   "Yeah, we'll leave you alone. But we're taking your weapons with us." Rick told her. "That's not gonna change. It's Natania, right? Put the gun down, and let's talk about what we can change."

   "No. Leave right now."  Natania demanded.

    "Michonne, don't!" Tara yelled knowing Michonne was hiding in the trees reading to shoot.

     "We just want to be left alone." Natania said.

    "Yeah, we'll leave you alone. Just let go of her. Now. Or we'll kill you." Rick told her. "None of us want that."

    "They want us to fight The Saviors." The girl that stood behind Natania said.

   "We tried that. We lost. Too much. We're not gonna lose anymore— not our guns, not our safety, not after everything we've done to get here." Natania firmly spoke.

    "We're gonna win— with your guns, with or without your help." Tara told them.

    "Natania, put the gun down." Rick spoke.

    "You kill me, and you die. And my people take the guns and nothing changes." Tara said.

    "Maybe we should try." A woman with short hair thought, she was one of the women Daryl and Jesus brought.

    "Grandma stop. It's over." The girl behind Natania pleaded.

"It's not over!" Natania yelled. "They've forgotten. You've all forgotten. Some of you actually want to fight them? After everything? We can lose our guns, but us leaving this place to fight? After everything? I have to remind you! Yes. I am gonna do this, and then I'm gonna die. But it's that important. This is your life, all of you. Remember what it looks like. Remember what they did to us! You need to see this! Open your eyes!"

"Rick!" We heard Michonne shout. "Walkers!"
Just as Michonne yelled that the girl punched Natania hard in the face knocking her to the floor.

"Everybody up!" Rick yelled. "Get the children behind us! They're coming." I quickly turned around holding up my up as the Walkers approached.

"First shift, join them on the line. Knives out. Dead only. Dead only!" The girl that punched Natania ordered.

"Everyone, shots within 10 feet of the line." Rick shouted as some Woman stepped forward holding knives. "That's it." The Walkers were slightly different, there skin was more wrinkled, barnacles oysters and seaweed covered their bodies and faces. "Now!"

Everyone pulled the triggers hitting the Walkers usually in the chest before they brain. It only took me a few seconds to line up before I pulled the trigger hitting the brain every time.
I watched as more and more Walkers were able to get closer. I pulled out my and stabbed any that got to close for comfort to me, Carl or anyone I was around before going back to my gun.

Finally the gunfire came to a stop and all the Walkers lay dead on the ground.

"You okay?" I smile at Carl.

"Yeah. You?" Carl asked brushing some hair out of my face.

"Yeah." I give him a kiss on the cheek before looking over at the others.

"No. We're not fighting them with you. So take your damn guns and go." Natania shouted walking away.

————

I helped Carl carry boxes of ammo back to the car. It felt a little awkward with all the women watching us silently as we take their guns.

   "It's not just the ones I killed." Carl spoke and I look back at him. "I think about the people I didn't kill, too." I look forward thinking about it.

———

We get back home late tonight into the night, Rosita was the one to open the gate.

    "Hey. Hey, are you okay?" Enid asked running up to Rosita.
   "Where's Sasha?" Jesus asked.

   "There's someone here." Rosita said leading Rick, Daryl, Tara, Jesus and Michonne off and to the cell that we built.

The man was the same redhead, half scarred face from an iron, the same man that handed Negan the iron the same guy that killed Denise, he was Dwight and he wanted to help up.

———

The next day Enid and Jesus went back to the Hillside with Judith to keep her safe.

The Garbage People came in many trucks and numbers.

Rosita, Aaron and Daryl set up the explosives in a truck outside the wall for the Saviors.
I loaded my gun and kept extra ammo with me.

I stood beside Carl on the wall as everybody got into position.

"All points are covered." The familiar voice of Eugene approached through a megaphone. "Every contingency is already met. I come armed with two barrels of the truth." We watch as he stood on the back of a Savior truck dressed in a black coat and brushed hair. "A test is upon you, and I'm giving out the cheat sheet." The truck stops in front of our blockade of cars as other trucks followed behind. "H-Hello. I can salved with the hope that it is my dropped knowledge that you'll heed. Options are zero to none. Compliance and fealty are your only escape. Bottom-lining it— You may thrive, or you may die. I sincerely wish for the former for everyone's sake. The jig is up and in full effect. Will you comply, Rick?"

"Where's Negan?" Rick asked.

"I'm Negan." Eugene said.