54 We Fight

"You're not gonna win." Carl told Negan.

     "Carl. It is over. Why don't you point your one ball up the street there and take it all in?" Negan said.

There were bodies our peoples bodies lying motionless on the streets, sidewalks and lawns others were were forced to kneel by the Saviors and Garbage people.

A woman's screams pierced the air and came a sudden stop but it's where the screams came from that hurt, it came from the building Michonne was stationed at with a Garbage person, Michonne us gone.

    "Ohh." Negan chuckled getting down to be face to face with Rick. "Wow. You just lost somebody important to you right now— like, just now. Jesus. That is timing. Well, Rick... you chose this. I truly don't know what more I could've done to warn you. And this isn't a warning. This is punishment. I'm gonna kill Carl now. I'm gonna make it one nice, hard swing, try to do it in one because I like him. I just want you to put that in your brain and roll it around for a minute. I'm gonna kill Carl, and then Lucille here, she's gonna take your hands."
My eyes stayed glued on Carl, fear of losing him was pumping through my veins but this time I wouldn't show I just watched and quietly reached down for a knife.

    "You can do it right in front of me. You can take my hands. I told you already— I'm gonna kill you. All of you. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow... but nothing is gonna change that— nothing." Rick said with no a hint of fear or sadness in his voice. "You're all already dead."

Negan only laughed from that and stood up. "Damn. Wow, Rick. Okay." Negan got up behind Carl and removed his hat. "You said I could do it." Negan swung the bat back.

There was a roar as something giant and orange leaped out landing on a Savior. I smiled as Shiva devoured the man. Saviors screamed shooting at the tiger as they ran.
Before the two Saviors behind me could react I tightened the grip on my swinging it up slitting the throat of one and stabbing the same knife through the eye of the other.

    "I'll be taking this back." I smile picking up my gun.

Next came the sound of horses and the air was filled with the sound of gunfire.

I looked over at Carl giving him a simile before picking up two guns and tossing him one before I turn around shooting at the Saviors.

    "End these Saviors and their accomplices!" Ezekiel shouted as he came round the corner. My smile grew as I saw Carol run out with him. "Alexandria will not fall, not on this day!"

"Phalanx out, third group, NOW!" I heard Maggie yell as behind here were the people of the Hilltop including Enid.

"Move up! Now we got your backs!" Daryl shouted.

"That widow is alive, guns a-blazin'!" I heard Negan yell.

A flare was launched into the air followed by some smoke bombs as the Garbage people fled.

I ran into Carl through the streets and joined him as we ran with Rick and Morgan.

"They're falling back." Rick said as we met us with Maggie and other people from the Hilltop.

"Eduardo, Bertie, between the houses— cover the gate!" Maggie ordered.

"Now we finish this!" Ezekiel yelled. And we ran.
The pain in my leg grew no matter how I tried to push through it. Slowly I fell back, I need to get to my house to look at the wound, the Saviors were either dead or leaving.

I was shoved to the ground knocking my gun from my hand and crashing my head against the pavement.

"You brought this upon yourself. All of you will die." The Savior shouted. I could easily tell she was already injured blood was flowing from her head dripping onto my face. I try to push her off me but failed and she wrapped one of her hands around my neck and the other held back my arms. She slammed my head back into the ground. I wasn't giving up, not yet. Her face was close to mine, I moved my head and bit hard into her cheek ripping a huge chunk off flesh from her face. She cried out losing her grip around me and freeing my arms. I reached down and finally tightened my hand around a knife I pull it out and jam it into her head. I flip her body over so I'm on top and continuously bring the knife down on her skull.

"(Y/n)!" I hear a familiar voice call.
I am brought back to reality the knife clattered the the pavement as I look at what I've just done. "It's okay." Carl says pulling me into a hug. "They're gone. Michonne's alive, you're alive, I'm alive."

I breath. "I don't know what I am anymore." I look at Carl.

     "She was gonna kill you you can't blame yourself." Carl told me.

    "Not just her, Carl. I think I've killed over twenty people." I look down.

    "You did what you had to. (Y /n), you remember that kid that I shot at the Prison, he was handing over his gun and I shot him." I nod my head. "I think about him a lot. (Y/n) we've all done things we weren't proud of but you're not a monster. Now, let's get you cleaned." Carl carefully held me up.

Carl was telling the truth Michonne was alive the screams belonged to the Garbage person.

When I was better one of the first people I found was Carol, Carl was the first person I saw. But the moment I saw Carol I ran and gave her a hug.

————

The battle was over but that was only the start. But we would win because we were together. Rick for Alexandria, Maggie for the Hilltop (The Widow) and Ezekiel for the Kingdom (The King).