43 Break In

When the truck got moving again Jesus emptied a bottle of syrup.

    "Making a trail." Jesus told us picking up on our confused looks. "I think we're close. We should bail out, follow the rest of the way, see what we can see."

    "I, uh..." Carl started. "How?"

    "It isn't usually the fall that gets us. It's trying to fight it. Run with it or roll with it. The trucks going slow enough. We can race behind one of the other cars." Jesus explained.

    "I-I-If — If I screw up and we get caught—" I said.

     "It'll be fine. We just got to go now." Jesus told us.

     "Okay. Show us first." Carl said.

Jesus nodded and slid out the back.
I looked at Carl and he went over waving before coming back inside.

    "Okay, we don't have much time." I say.

    "Okay." Carl nodded, opening a crate full of guns, he hands me one as the brakes squeal.

    "Okay, boys, let's get this haul unloaded and inside." We heard Negan say as we quickly hide. "I want to get back in there and unload a little myself."

    "Negan, need to talk to you about redirect." A man said.

     "What about the redirect?" Negan asked.

     "It got screwed up. We're on it now, but it's a mess out there." The man said.

    "And who's job was that?" Negan asked.

    "I thought they packed this up tight." Another man said pulling the blinds back and stepping in.

    "A no worry's. Plenty more where this came from." A man said. "Son of a bitch!" He shouted picking up the box of liquor that Jesus cut the bottom of cause all the bottles to crash to the ground. "What the hell?"
Carl pulled the trigger and the man fell dead I stood up shooting a second Man in the truck.

    "Stay back!" Carl warned as we jumped out standing at the back edge of the truck. "Drop your weapons. We only want Negan." Carl and I stepped down. "He killed our friends. No one else needs to die."
We heard the dreaded whistle of Negan as he approached, and pushed someone in front of him when he stopped.

    "Damn. You two are adorable. Did you pick those guns 'cause they look cool? You totally did, right? Kid, I ain't gonna lie, you two scare the shit outta me.
Carl shot at a man before Dwight jumped on him knocking Carl to the ground. Before I could do anything I was thrown to the ground with a Savior holding a gun to my head. I brought up my knee and pulled out a knife flipping the table making me on top holding the knife to the man's head.

    "Don't, or I'll shoot him." Dwight yelled at me, I saw Carl pinned under him. I back off holding my arms up. My eyes lock with a man on the other side of the face, Daryl.

    "Dwight. Back off." Negan told Dwight. Dwight got off Carl but took Carl's knife before leaving. "Is that any way to treat our new guests." Negan holds out his hand to pull Carl up. "Come on, kid. I will show you two around. You know, you do the same damn stink-eye as your Dad, except it's only half as good 'cause... well, you know, you're... missing an eye." I wanted to beat the shit out of Negan so bad as he spoke to Carl. "Really? You're really not gonna take my hand? 'Cause you're lucky you still have a hand. Same as your bay Daryl over here, now that I think about it. How's the job going, Daryl? Hot enough for you? Yeah it'd be tough with one arm." Carl finally accepted an took Negans hand. "Ah, smart kid. Now you two come with me. Dwighty-boy why don't you grab Daryl, and take him to the kitchen, do a little grub prep. New plan, boys. Let's burn the dead, unload the truck later. Damn, I am not gonna have time to screw any of my Wives today. I mean, maybe one. Come on."

    "What are you gonna do to us?" Carl asked Negan.

    "Number one, do not shatter my image of you two. You're a badass. You two are not scared of shit. Don't be scared of me. It's a disappointment. Number two, you really want me to ruin the surprise? Screw you, kid. Seriously. Screw both of you." Negan pushed us forward and inside.
   "Check this out." Negan walked up to the railing, below where many people maybe hundreds and they all knelt. "The Saviors have gone out into the world and fought the dead and come back with some really good stuff. Some of that stuff can be yours if you work hard and play by the rules. Today, everybody gets fresh vegetables at dinner. No points needed." The people applauded. "You see that?" Negan turned to us. "Respect. Cool, huh? They still on their knees? As you were."

————

Negan led us into a nice looking room full of women, all wearing black dresses.

    "Ladies." Negan called. "Don't mind the kids. I know. Every woman from where you two are from dresses like they do the books at an auto shop. You're gonna want to look at their titties." Negan told Carl. "It's cool. I won't mind. They won't mind. Knock yourself out. Well I guess you have your girlfriend, don't you. Take a good look girl, this could be you in a couple years." Negan smiled before noticing two of the women, one looked sad one had straight brown hair and the other had blonde hair. "Can I talk to you for a minute, dear Wife? Make yourself comfortable, kid. Negan walked over to the women with straight brown hair. Negan walked back over and brought Carls hand up before placing a bottle in it, and walked over to the blond girl.
I watched as the girl cried as Negan talked. He then went back to the brown hair and they shared a long kiss.

Daryl and Dwight entered the room, Daryl holding a plater of food. I stared at Daryl, he looked back at the two of us.
Negan chuckled leaving the girl and having a bite of food.

    "Carl, will you grab this tray for me?" Negan asked. Carl put the bottle down and took the tray from Daryl.

    "Why do you have them here?" Daryl asked.

     "Whoa! What we talk about when you're not here... is none of your business. Do not make me put this toothpick through the only eye he has. You go with Dwight. He'll get you a mop." Negan told Daryl. "Dwighty boy... fire up that furnace. I'll be down in a few. Time for a little déjà vu. Come on, kid's." We followed Negan out.