23 Gone

We run through the door.

"Oh, god! Donna?" A man asked running over as the other man lay the woman down. "Is she dead? Is she dead? Baby?"

Carl and I ran over, I saw, the woman's eyes wouldn't close, she was dead.

"I'm sorry." I say.

"I'll take care of it." Carl pulls out his gun.

"Whoa! Whoa, kid. Wait a minute." The man that carried her said.

"She doesn't have that long." Carl told him.

"Who the hell are you two?" The other woman asked us. "How did you get in here? Who are you with?"

      "We would ask you the same question." I say

"Look, we can help you." Carl told them. "First things first."

"No, we take care of our own." A man said, yanking a cloth from another man and laying it over the dead woman's face.

"No, Tyreese!" The man who had the cloth said.

"I gotta do it." Tyreese said. "Look, just take Ben and lean against the wall. It'll be quick."

Carl and I walked away to the door shutting and locking it behind us.

"Hey, what are you doing?" The woman asked us.

"Kid, did you just lock us in here?" Tyreese said.

"Open the door." The woman demanded.

      "This room is secure. You'll be safe. You have food and water." Carl told them.

The woman walked over. "Open this door."

     "I can't." Carl shook his head.

     "Come on, man. We're not animals. Don't do this." She begged. "Hey! You can't just leave us in here!  Open this door! Open it! Now!" She yelled.

      "Sasha!" Tyreese said. "Back away from their door and let the man go. Look around you. This is the best we've had it in weeks. His house. We got other things to do." He turned towards it us. "We don't want any trouble."

     "Shouldn't we help them?" Beth asked as the walked away.

      "We did." Carl answered her.

——————Next Day—————————

I was in there with Hershel fixing them up.

"You can take those stitches out yourself in a week or so." Hershel told a man.

"Thank you." The man said.

"Pretty nice having a medical training." Tyreese said. "And how do you know all this stuff?"

"It'll only get you so far." Hershel told them.

"He taught me." I smile.

"You were bit?" Tyreese wondered.

The door opened as Beth came in with Judith.

"How old is the baby?" Sasha asked.

"Barely a week." Hershel told them.

"To be honest, we never thought we'd see another baby." Sasha said walking over. "Beautiful."

"Thanks." Maggie smiled.

"How are you feeling?" Sasha asked Beth.

"She's not mine." Beth told her.

"Where's the Mother?" Sasha wondered. "I'm sorry."