Chapter 3

After waiting for a long time, Dai Yao got out of the spinning feeling. He rubbed his stomach and suddenly lost his appetite. Looking at the food in the refrigerator, I just feel nauseated.

  What's wrong with me? I've never been so delicate before? Even if it's boiled water and steamed buns, Dai Yao will eat them without blinking. Could it be heatstroke? Not too much! Ever since he lost his virginity, his broken body has been getting worse day by day.

  Forget it, let's talk about it later when I have an appetite!

  He went back to the room and took out his schoolbag, from which he took out a small rosewood box. Inside the box is a piece of jade and his family's deed. The jade was given to him by Uncle Li on his eighteenth birthday. He secretly asked Seven Blind Man, and Seven Blind Man said it could be worth tens of thousands. When Uncle Li had an accident, he thought about selling this piece of jade. But that was already the only thing that Uncle Li had left for him. All of Uncle Li's things were gone, and all of them were taken away by the creditors. There is only this piece of jade left, if he sells it again, what else in this world can prove that he has existed in his own world?

  But now... don't be attached, he puts that piece of jade in his pocket and decides Go to the Liuheng pawnshop at the entrance of the village to pawn off the jade. This pawnshop has been open in their area for decades. It was called Liuheng Pawnshop in the early days of the founding of the People's Republic of China, but now it is renamed Liuxiang Pawnshop. It is said that it was the ancestral property of the local tyrant Shen's family at that time. He took the piece of jade and went into the pawn shop.

  The pawn shop is still using the decoration of the Qing Dynasty to create an antique feeling. There is only one pawn shop in the entire Xicheng District, so many people take things as collateral. Especially in the recent demolition of the West City, many gamblers have lost their family's demolition funds, but they still can't plug the holes they lost. So he came to pawn the valuables at home, with a distraught look on his face, as if he had just woken up from a big dream.

  Everyone has their own life. If you don't stumble a few times, you will always be competing with your fate.

  Dai Yao took the jade pendant out of the sandalwood box and handed it to the workers inside. The other party glanced at it with surprise in his eyes, returned the jade to Dai Yao, and said, "Sir, please wait a moment, I really can't decide this, wait until I call our manager over to have a look."

  Seeing the staff's reaction, Dai Yao felt that Qi Xiazi might not have lied to him, and estimated that the jade was really worth a few dollars. The Seven Blind Man is a fortune teller in their village. His name is Dai Jingyun, and he calls himself Dai Qigong. He claims to be a man of calculations, but people usually call him blind calculations. He counted ten times, and he was accurate five times, and it was still a trivial matter. He is good at talking nonsense, but he is full of knowledge.

  People who know the way say that the seven blind men are actually very wise and foolish, and fortune-telling is a business that depends on their own merits. Counting the lack of merit of the ancestors, retribution should come. There is a saying that the secrets of heaven should not be leaked, so even if fortune tellers are really capable, they will generally talk nonsense and tell you one truth in ten sentences. The rest can only be realized by oneself.

  However, Dai Yao felt that the seven blind men were lying in all likelihood, and the books he read were usually useless at all.