Chapter 10

Dai Yao set the alarm clock for four o'clock, slept for seven hours, and was full of energy. As soon as the alarm clock rang, he turned over and got up, went out and picked up Robert who was sleeping on the sofa. Robert was taken aback. He rubbed his sleepy eyes and said, "Ah? Is it time so soon? Ah, I'm so sleepy!"

  Dai Yao said speechlessly, "Can you be sleepy even a goblin? Aren't you going to fight for three days and three nights without getting tired?"

  Robert: What have you watched, my child?

  The noodles have been made, and the hardness is just right. Dai Yao set up the table and started kneading the dough. He originally wanted to use a dough kneader and a dough press, but today he didn't prepare much stuffing, and these machines weren't enough to clean up. So let’s get started!

  He has worked in Baozi Shop for many years, and his work is fast and neat. The little Luo Bei next to him brought out the stuffing mixed last night from the freezer, a pot of white radish with pork, a pot of white radish with lamb, a pot of white radish with beef, and a pot of white radish with leek and egg.

  Dai Yao quickly spread the cage to boil water, and Luo Bei put the noodles into the skin pressing machine. After pressing the skin, Dai Yao started to make the buns. After the water boiled, Luo Bei put the buns on the steamer and started to steam them. The buns can be steamed in ten minutes, so after more than an hour of busy work, at 5:30, the ten cage buns have been placed on the window, and they are ready to sell.

  When Dai Yao was repairing the windows, he asked those craftsmen to install a simple signboard for him, and Dai Yao named it "Shen Nong Baozi Shop". A signboard with gold letters on a black background, matched with his retro window, is very antique.

  The window has not been opened yet, and it is still early, and the office workers will come out for breakfast one after another until about six o'clock. Together with Robert, he carried the steamed bun cages to the case. There were forty steamed buns in each of the ten cages, a total of four hundred or so. Vegetarian ones are sold for one piece, and meat ones are sold for one piece and five. One hundred of them are vegetarian, and the rest are meat. Dai Yao was actually quite worried, what if no one bought it?

  Anyway, the steamed stuffed bun shop has already opened, even if no one buys it, at worst, the leftovers will be shared in the village, and the neighbors can also try something new. So he opened the window a little bit, and it didn't matter when the window was opened, a few migrant workers who got up early were looking in the window. Dai Yao was taken aback, and asked tentatively, "You...you...this is?"

  A black-faced brother who took the lead said: "What smells so delicious?"

  Dai Yao lifted the bun cage and said, "Oh, the buns are out of the pot, do you want some?"

  Another black-faced brother asked Said: "How much is it?"

  Dai Yao replied: "One piece for vegetarian, one piece for five for meat." He put out a small handwritten blackboard and said: "Look for yourself, just order whatever stuffing you want. The small blackboard was used by Dai Yao when he was a child, and it was written in chalk: leek and egg, one piece of beef, five pieces of beef, one piece of mutton, five yuan, and one piece of pork, five yuan.

  Another elder brother asked: "Is there anything to drink?"

  Dai Yao really didn't plan to drink anything. He opened the shop on the first day, just as an experiment. But as soon as he heard someone ask, he immediately said: "Yes, yes, you guys eat the buns first, and I'll get them for everyone!" He directed Robert: "Babe, get the buns for the uncles, I'll go get them." Uncle San serves soup."