Chapter 40

Lincoln stopped in the center of Xicheng District, Nanchen City. This area is full of old buildings, some of which are hundreds of years old. The entire Xicheng district, the center of the city, is the neatest and cleanest. In the fringe areas, shantytowns can be seen everywhere, which are in tatters and the roads are also full of potholes.

  Along the way, the car was very bumpy, and it was a little better when we entered the city center. The city center is neatly tidy, with alleys in the style of the Republic of China, and those retro buildings with carved beams and painted buildings. After walking through a few streets and alleys, there is the old house of the Shen family. The traditional high-gate courtyard, above which are two embossed characters: Shen Zhai.

  For a while, Shen Liu felt a little emotional, and said, "Oh, it's been twenty years, and I'm back!" He

  Danqing, who was next to him, also sighed, and said, "It's neither a thing nor a person, and I'm back after all."

  Shen Liu suddenly laughed I got up, leaned my head over and said in a low voice: "Where are things not people? People are still the same people, and things are still the same things! Didn't I live with you in this house, Master Shen? Forgot?"

  He Danqing: ...

  This old rascal, why is he still so unruly at this age?

  Looking at the blush on the tip of He Danqing's ear, the man put his hand up and said in a low voice: "Danqing, I've been an old man for twenty years, why are you still the same as before? You blush every now and then, which doesn't hurt me." Dare to touch you."

  He Danqing said angrily: "You have moved too much."

  Shen Liu's tone was full of dissatisfaction: "With your sick body, how dare I?"

  He Danqing Said: "Are you despising me?"

  Shen Liu said: "How dare I! Don't dare, I despise myself, why do I want so much..." He Danqing covered his back, Angrily said: "Okay, stop talking! Shut up!"

  Ma Quan opened the car door and said to Shen Liu: "Boss, we're here. I'll help Mr. He get down."

  But Shen Liu waved her hand and said, "No, you ask the driver to get the wheelchair, and you go and open the door for me." After he finished speaking, he hugged He Danqing directly without saying a word. Regardless of the fact that the other party stiffened in fright, fortunately there was no one in this place, otherwise Shen Liu would have received another beating.

  After putting the person down, Shen Liu frowned and said, "Why are you so light again? Eat well for me these few days! Don't eat porridge and vegetables for your figure. Singing also requires physical strength. How can you sing if you don't have physical strength?" ?”

  Pushing the wheelchair into the yard, a puff of water vapor hits the face. There were a lot of cleaning workers in the yard. The bluestone pavement was swept clean and sprinkled with clean water. Going around the vestibule and entering the vestibule, the carved doors and windows are wide open, the windows in the room are bright and clean, and all the furnishings are still the same as before. Shen Liu's saying that things are people is also true, but it is also true.

  The Shen family's house was passed down from their ancestors. It is a big house with three entrances and three exits. Entering from the gate of the house is a carved screen wall. The vestibule, middle courtyard, backyard, rear garden, wing room, side room, everything is available. Shen Liu's reputation as a land tyrant is also inseparable from his magnificent house.