Ch 24 | Sobs

Author's POV:

Continuation of flashback:

"She left because she walked into our conversation right as Joonie was telling me how much he can't stand her."

The four of them turned to the voice from behind, finding Hae-Ran standing there with a smirk on her face.

"Why the fuck would you say that?" V glared at Namjoon. "Literally anyone within a mile radius of you two would know that's a lie."

Namjoon ran his hand through his hair, stopping at the back to yank on it in frustration. "Because the last time Hae-Ran got wind that I was seeing someone, she found her and paid her off."

The other three turned to look at the crazy bitch standing before them. "What?" she shrugged. "I did him a favor. She didn't love him if she was willing to take the money."

"I went on two dates with her!" he seethed. "Of course she was going to take the money."

"Did you think [Y/N] was going to take the money?" Nanami scowled, making Namjoon shrink in size. "Do you think that little of her?"

"I..." his voice got caught in his throat. "I just panicked. I didn't want it to happen again. I didn't even want to take the chance. So I wanted Hae-Ran to think she wasn't import-"

"You're a fucking moron for someone with a 148 IQ!" Nanami yelled, punching him in the stomach.

Jimin yanked her away from Namjoon as he doubled over in pain, kneeling on the cement. Nanami's punches are about as strong as Taehyung or Jimin's.

"Let me go!" she screamed. "Let me kill him!"

End of flashback:

"What do I do?" Namjoon whimpers into his hands. "I know I fucked up. Badly."

"Well, she's contracted to show up to your place in two days," Jimin sighs. "Try to talk to her then."

The thought of you being forced to see him doesn't sit well in his chest, but he'll have to take it for now.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

"Okay, how do I look?" Namjoon asks, checking himself in the mirror.

"I don't know," Taehyung rolls his eyes. "Handsome? Beefy? Fuckable?"

"Seriously V," Namjoon glares. "I have to look good. I have to be perfect."

Taehyung sighs and walks towards his frantic leader, adjusting his collar and smoothing out the fabric across his shoulders. "You look like a million bucks," he says. "But your looks aren't what's going to get [Y/N] back."

"I know that," Namjoon frowns, rolling up the sleeve on his forearm. "But I have to do everything I can. And if that means looking irresistible every time she's around, then I'm going to do it."

It's already Saturday; the day you've been dreading but the day Namjoon couldn't wait for. It's close to 10pm, which was your usual arrival time before the dinners and movie nights started. Namjoon had asked V to come hangout with him beforehand, hoping to relieve some anxiety about seeing you.

He so desperately wants to impress you. He's wearing one of your favorite white button ups, tucked into black leather pants that show off his thighs, his dirty blonde hair slicked back, and your favorite pair of glasses resting on his nose.

"Just be yourself, Hyung," V smiles softly. "She didn't fall for the perfect RM, she fell for the broken Namjoon."

A lump forms in his throat. He's been a nervous wreck the last 48 hours, wondering where you've been or who you've been with. You eventually blocked his number because of how many times he texted. You had sent him a very stoic and cold email, letting him know all communication about the contract needed to be handled formally.