Ch 61 | Code Blue

Y/N's POV:

You're giddy with excitement, but you're also on the verge of throwing up, pacing back and forth around Namjoon's apartment. It's Saturday, and Namjoon texted you last night saying he's coming back early, asking for you to wait for him at his place.

The normal friendship between you and Jeffrey returned easily. The last three days he's called and texted, and you even went to grab lunch with him. He has been nothing but happy and cheery, making sure not to touch you much. He's seemingly very supportive of you and Namjoon.

But you're nervous as hell to tell Namjoon about the kiss. You can't run from it, Jungkook will tattle if you don't fess up, but you're terrible at keeping things from Namjoon so he'd probably find out on his own anyways.

Fuck, [Y/N]. You're so annoying. Well, he's the one that put you in this situation. But you didn't have to kiss Jeffrey while he was out of the country. But you're single so stop being a little bitch.

It's like you have an angel and a devil perched on each shoulder. You're caught between feeling guilty and validating yourself.

Your anxious thoughts are cut short as you hear the keypad on the other side, Namjoon swinging the door open and his eyes sparking when he sees you.

Fuck me.

His face drops as he sees your nervous expression, setting his bag on the floor. "Baby? What's wrong?"

Dammit, don't call me baby. I'm just a village whore.

His anxiety starts to spike when you just stare at him, unable to form words like a paralyzed roach. "[Y/N]?" he starts to panic, taking a step towards you. "Talk to me. What's—"

He flinches as you drop to your knees, stiffly sitting back on your legs and avoiding his eyes. Your sweaty hands are balled up in fists, pressing against the tops of your thighs. Namjoon stares down at you in confusion but relaxes his shoulders, realizing you're not angry with him. You're apologetic towards him.

He calmly slips his shoes off and moves to sit right in front of you on the hardwood, crossing his legs. "What happened?" he asks softly.

Your eyes nervously meet his, feeling the anxiety lessen just slightly as he looks at you with nothing but love in his eyes. "D-do you want the good stuff or the bad stuff first?" you ask quietly.

"Give me the good stuff," he smiles, shooting butterflies into your stomach. He looks so handsome today dressed in a cream collared shirt and blue jeans, his blonde hair slicked back

 He looks so handsome today dressed in a cream collared shirt and blue jeans, his blonde hair slicked back

"Okay," you clear your throat. "Jungkook and I made up."

His brows raise as his grin gets wider. "Really?"

"Yeah," you nod, giving him a small smile. "He came over to Taehyung's and didn't know I was there. I asked him to stay and we had a little chat." Your eyes almost water as his fingertips brush your knee. "I introduced myself properly this time, and told him that he never made me uncomfortable. Just a little confused."