Ch 48 | Mortified

Author's POV:

"What the fuck is with the atmosphere in here?" Yoongi asks, frustratedly running his hands through his hair.

"Yeah, seriously," Taehyung frowns, crossing his arms over his chest. "I'm not sure how we're supposed to practice like this. Hoseok-hyung is going to get pissed when he sees this."

Jin, Namjoon, Jimin, and Jungkook all remain quiet, making the room even heavier. Namjoon and Jungkook look lifeless, refusing to make eye contact with each other, while Jimin looks furious, not looking at either one of them. Jin just seems sad, especially when he looks at Namjoon.

"Good morning bitches," Jhope cheers, skipping into the dance studio. "It's time to sweat and learn some new—" He stops in his tracks, immediately sensing something's off. "Wait, what's going on?"

"They won't tell us," Yoongi huffs.

Hoseok locks eyes with Seokjin and they have some sort of telepathic conversation for a few seconds. Jin takes a deep breath and releases a long exhale before standing up off the floor. "We can't keep going like this," he says. "It's been three days already."

Namjoon looks haggard; he hasn't eaten or slept since he left his apartment. He's been drowning himself in work to avoid reality. If he keeps his mind busy then he doesn't have to think about anything.

Nanami told Jimin what happened and he's fuming. He's angry with Namjoon for thinking so little of you and Jungkook. But he's mostly furious about the Hae-Ran comment. Jimin saw you that night too. You were almost sexually assaulted for fucks sake. To think that Namjoon could say something like that to you makes him want to throw up.

Jungkook is severely depressed, hating himself for putting you and Namjoon in this situation. He's been thinking over all of your previous conversations and everything that you've said is making more sense now.

The day Namjoon left you in the apartment, he went straight to Jin's place, and it was ugly. He'd never seen Namjoon that angry and upset; it took Jin three hours to calm him down. Namjoon wept in his lap the rest of the night.

"Namjoon, Jimin, and Jungkook, you all need to talk," Jin says firmly. "We have an award ceremony this weekend and you guys can't act like this."

"I don't want to talk to him," Jimin spits.

"I don't want to talk to either of them," Namjoon spits back. He's not even sure why Jimin is angry but he doesn't care.

"Fine. I'll talk," Jin huffs. "Jungkook, why did you try to get with [Y/N]?" he asks bluntly. The rest of the members' jaws slack as they all look at their golden maknae, his doe eyes filling with tears.

"I-I didn't know it was [Y/N]," he says shakily. "I met her at that magazine interview. She did the translation for my one-on-one."

"How could you not know it was her?" V asks, confused. "There's not that many foreigners around here."

"She had an ID badge that said Boram," he whimpers. "I swear I thought her name was Boram. I really had no idea."

"Okay," Hoseok sighs, pinching between his eyes. "That's believable because she really does have a coworker named Boram." Jungkook nods in agreement while Hoseok continues, "Did you do anything with her?"

"Of course he didn't," Jimin glares up at him.

"Only thanks to Taehyung interrupting them," Namjoon hisses. Jungkook shrinks even smaller, knowing damn well he would've kissed you had Taehyung not called him.

"That doesn't mean she would've kissed him back," Jimin retorts, turning to face Namjoon.

"That's not what the picture looked like."