Ch 53 | Overwhelmed

Y/N's POV:

"You're Kim Namjoon's mother?"

Your hand slaps over your mouth, realizing you just got done spilling your heart out to her about her own son. You feel your heart rate jumping up at an insane speed, keeping your eyes down at your glass.

What the actual fuck? This cannot be real. This is a dream. This is a simulation.

You slowly look back over and he's still staring at you, but his expression has switched from shocked to unreadable. Your eyes get lost in his for a minute before looking back down, your face flushing as you take in how good he looks.

He's not even trying and he's got you stirring in your seat. He's dressed in black sweatpants, a cream hoodie, and a black beanie. He's literally doing the bare minimum and you feel like you might catch on fire.

The shock in your body slowly begins to be replaced with fear and hurt, and you start to panic a little

The shock in your body slowly begins to be replaced with fear and hurt, and you start to panic a little. What should I do? Do I act like a stranger? Do I say hello? Do I punch him in the mouth?

"Mom, what's going on?" he finally asks, his smooth voice alone sending shivers over your body.

"This kind young lady helped me carry the groceries home so I treated her to some lemonade."

You continue to stare down at your glass, acting like one of those paralyzed goats when overstimulated. "That doesn't surprise me about her at all," he chuckles, making your eyes snap back towards him.

"Why?" she asks him. "Do you know her?"

"I do," he smiles softly. "She works for our company."

"What a small world. Do you know all your employees this well?" Mrs. Kim laughs.

"No," he shakes his head, slipping his shoes off. "Just the ones I have a crush on."

You can feel your face catching flames. You've never had so many emotions run through you at once. Sadness. Excitement. Confusion. Irritation. Bliss. Devastation. It's all crashing over in waves and you can't seem to form any words.

"I can't blame you for having a crush on her," she laughs. "She'd be the perfect daughter-in-law. Some prick broke her heart though, so you have a lot of work ahead of you."

Your forehead immediately makes contact with the cool countertop as you try to bury yourself, doing everything you can to make yourself smaller, your fingers lacing together behind your head. "Ahjumma, that was supposed to be our little secret."

"Oh, sorry dear," she chuckles. "Your reaction was just so cute."

You feel Namjoon move closer, his palms pressing against the granite next to you. "Don't worry. I plan to win her over."

Your head snaps up to him, your eyes instantly locking with his. You're frozen in place as he looks down at you with that damned dimple smile, his eyes showing a similar warmth as his mother's, flooding you with both ache and euphoria.