Ch 34 | Hospital Gown

Author's POV:

"She lost a lot of blood and has a concussion, but she should be okay," the doctor smiles, earning a collective sigh of relief from everyone in the hallway. "Also, be gentle with her left side, she has two cracked ribs. What she needs now is rest; she should wake up in a few hours."

"Oh thank god," Nanami exhales, sitting back in her seat, Jimin quickly cupping her hand in his. After you were rushed to the hospital, the doctors took you away for a thorough examination. You didn't need surgery but your head and thigh required quite a few stitches.

Namjoon's sitting on a bench with his elbows resting on his thighs, his face buried into his palms, and your dried blood still all over his hands and clothes. Tears of relief are flowing down his face while Jin rubs his back.

"Told you she'd be alright," Jin says playfully. "You know I'm always right."

Namjoon snorts as he wipes his tears, finding it impressive Jin can make him laugh at a time like this.

"Does she have any family we need to call?" the nurse asks, stepping from behind the counter.

"No," Nanami answers. "She's not close with her parents."

Namjoon mentally kicks himself again. He hasn't asked enough about you, always making things about him. He has no idea what your relationship with your parents is like, yet you know about his entire family. However, he's surprised to hear that you're not close with them since they brought you to South Korea as a family when you were in high school.

The nurse nods and writes something onto her notepad. "You guys can see her now, but please be quiet," she says softly. "It's 3am and there are some patients in the room next to hers."

Namjoon and Jin had made sure you were in the nicest part of the hospital, with the best doctors and staff. They initially didn't have room for another person in the executive wing but Jin was able to pull some strings.

"When she wakes up please let me know," the officer next to Jimin says. "I'll be right outside the door." The officer isn't necessary for protection; Namjoon's got 4 of his body guards standing outside your room. He's only there to ask you questions when you wake up.

Hae-Ran had managed to escape, and so far the two men that were arrested aren't speaking. Namjoon has his men keeping a tight leash on the police too, knowing how powerful her father is.

The four of them slowly funnel into your room, trying to make as little noise as possible. Namjoon's throat tightens when he sees you sleeping on the bed, your chest slowly rising and falling. You seem almost peaceful — it doesn't even look like you're injured. They didn't hurt any part of your face, so the only things indicating a wound are the bandages around your head and wrists. There are purple bruises around your neck as well, but they're hard to see in the dimly lit room.

"You stupid bitch," Nanami mumbles to herself, tears streaming down her face as she sits on the couch next to you. "How dare you let that hideous cunt hurt you."

Jin and Jimin snort at her comment, slapping their hands over their mouths at the noise. Namjoon's not laughing though. He's inching closer to the bed, eyes glued to your face.

He's destroying himself on the inside. He thinks this is all his fault — that he didn't protect you like he should've. He gently traces his finger over the bandage on your wrist, tears still falling over his lower lashes. "I'm so sorry," he whispers.

"Don't do that," Jin says sternly, gripping Namjoon's shoulder. "This isn't anyone's fault besides Hae-Ran's. So don't even go there."

Namjoon's gaze slowly moves from your face to Jin's, not believing his words but nodding anyway.