Ch 55 | Mornings

Y/N's POV:

You're still staring at yourself in the mirror, finally beginning to calm down. Namjoon touching you had you so frazzled you've spent the last five minutes doing breathing exercises. If his goal was to make your body remember his touch, he succeeded.

Breathe, woman, you scold yourself.

Creaking open the door, you peer out into the hallway, letting out a sigh of relief when you see no one. You quickly sneak into your room and jump into the bed, grabbing the remote to distract yourself with television. Luckily for you, a new murder documentary was just released, so you nestle yourself into the pillows propped up against the headboard.

About twenty minutes into it there's a knock at your open door and Namjoon steps into the frame, making your heart do a summersault as you try to keep your face neutral. "I'm just down the hall if you need anything," he says softly.

"Okay," you smile. "Thanks."

He sees the TV and chuckles, crossing his arms and leaning against the doorframe. "Still hooked on those?"

"Of course I am," you huff. "There's finally a new one out and I plan to fully enjoy it. Have you seen it?"

"No," he laughs. "Murder documentaries really aren't my thing. I just enjoyed watching them because you were there."

Your cheeks heat as he flashes his dimple smile, knowing exactly what he's doing. The both of you stare into each other's eyes for a while before Namjoon uncrosses his arms.

"I'll let you sleep, just let me know if you need anything."

"Namjoon," you stop him as he's about to walk away, making him turn back towards you. "Um..." you pause, nervously looking away. "How... how are you sleeping?" You grip the comforter and look up at him, but he's just got a blank expression on his face.

He purses his lips before giving you a small smile. "It's better, so no need to worry. I'll see you in the morning."

You watch him walk out of your view, hearing his footsteps trudge down the hall until they fade away. "I highly doubt that," you mumble to yourself, sinking more into the mattress.

After finishing the one hour episode, you peek out into the empty hallway, tiptoeing to the last door on the left that's still cracked open. The room is still illuminated slightly, lit up by maybe a small lamp. You push open the door to find a still Namjoon, lying on his back with his forearm over his forehead, his eyes wide open staring up at the ceiling. Just like you knew he'd be.

"What was all that bullshit about not lying?" you say playfully from the doorway, making him flinch.

"[Y/N] what are y—"

"So this is the great Kim Namjoon's room," you say casually, stepping onto the hardwood to take a look around, your hands folded behind your back.

"You've seen my room before," he laughs.

"Not this one."

It's pretty similarly decorated as his current room. Lots of art and plants. But you can tell the rustic furniture is more his mother's style. The bed sits in the corner with a giant window to the side, water trickling down the outside of the glass from the rain. A large wooden desk is positioned under the window, covered in scrap paper and messy writings.

Namjoon starts to sit up and you have to contain yourself as you see he's sleeping shirtless tonight. Your eyes shamelessly travel over his midsection before meeting his gaze.

"Do you have to stare so obviously?" he chuckles. But he doesn't cover himself. He actually leans back on the heels of his palms, making himself look even sexier. You can't help but salivate over his defined midsection, taking in every ridge.