Chapter 1

[Once again, whether you choose to let the characters wear their canon outfits or these outfits for this volume is up to you.]

[Other than that, hope you enjoy

[Other than that, hope you enjoy.]

___________________________________________________________________________

Complete darkness is all that Roman could see as muffled sounds echoes in his ears. The distant combat, the screams of terror, Grimm roaring, rushing winds, and nearby explosions. The crime boss's body is covered in a thick green aura as his clothes and skin is covered in dry acidic scars. 

Roman: "...!"

Panicked and angered, Roman scrabble desperately to escape the shadowy haze that he's in. His limbs pilling free for a second only to be dragged back in by Grimm-like tendrils as a new trail of scars and chemical burns etched into his body. Roman quickly shift his eyes to his blacken surroundings to find one of his hands is holding his cane as the tendrils begin to wrap around his face and body. With a moment of aiming, Roman squeezes his eyes shut and pulls the trigger in his cane. Suddenly, the darkness around him explodes in a flash of red and white.

The Alpha Griffon that had eaten him is flying from the airship it had been kicked into, having burst out of the side

The Alpha Griffon that had eaten him is flying from the airship it had been kicked into, having burst out of the side. A moment later, it explodes from the inside out as Roman fall off from its abdomen, killing it in the process. The crime boss start falling to the ground, his aura flickering from the slow, dissolve on his body and the sheer force of the explosion in such close proximity. His cane, Melodic Cudgel, shatters from the strain and his signature white coat has been almost completely devoured from the acid, leaving him in only the tattered remains of his shirt, pant, and shoes. His bowler hat flies off into the night as Roman see the approaching ground below him. He had no time to react as his body meets it. The moment he made impact with the ground, his aura breaks completely, and he passes out from the shock. Moments passes as a golden glow wash beneath his eyelids. His eyes open, this time a much softer green and grayer in color. Wordlessly, he stands up from his feet and he limps away from the battlefield. He glances back to see the broken cane in front of several Grimm skeletons, multiple debris and dead bodies scattered around. He continues to limp away as best he can, not wanting to look back anymore.