Chapter 9

(Blake

On a rainy day, Y/N, Blake, her family, and Sun walk through the front door of a sushi bar in Menagerie. They're all drenched from head to toe, much to their displeasure. Sun, however, speaks up very cheerfully.

Sun: "Hey, look on the bright side, a shower during a quick walk is a great way to wake up after a long day of work."

He turns to find the entire Belladonna family glare at him while, Y/N just sigh upon looking at his drenched clothes. 

Y/N #3: "Aw man. I like these clothes."

Sun shrivels at the family's collective gaze and quickly distract himself as he grabs Y/N's wrist.

Sun: "Eh... come on, Y/N! Let's go find a booth."

Y/N #3: "Can we at least ask for some towels first?"

Sun: "No problem!"

Blake, now in her summer dress, and her family watch them go with Sun dragging Y/N with him as Kali and Blake look at each other. Kali sticks a bit of hair behind Blake's ear, so it's not stuck to her face and giggles at the sight of her waterlog daughter. A smirking Kali then whisper something in Blake's ear.

Kali: "You can take Y/N here for a date or two."

Blake: "M-Mom...!"

This makes Blake's face turn red as Kali giggle some more at her reaction before Ghira clear his throat to get their attention.

Ghira: "Ahem. Shall we sit down?"

The Belladonnas follow after Sun and Y/N to a booth that Sun's waving from and sit down with a bundle of towels on the table. They then used the towel to dry themselves off. Sun stretches his arms before speaking up.

Sun: "Man, whenever I get back to Mistral, it's going to be weird."

Y/N #3: "What makes you say that?"

Sun: "Well, I was so use to the restaurant serving me right off the bat. I might be getting rusty in sneaking into places."

With a deadpan expression, Ghira responds to his remark.

Ghira: "Do you have to do that often?"

Sun thinks on it, counting on his hand before stopping.

Sun: "Uhm... it'll be easier to tell you that the time I don't have to do that."

Hearing this, Ghira mutters to himself.

Ghira: "The discrimination in Mistral must really gotten bad in my absence."

Sun just waves that notion off.

Sun: "Nah, that's only like half the time. 

Blake: "What's the other half then?"

Sun: "The other half is when I'm just broke."

Y/N #3: "Didn't know it was that bad?"

Sun: "Oh, my team leader, Scarlet was always so moody about the team's allowances... or maybe that was just mine."

Ghira just grips the bridges of his nose in frustration and Blake being visibly bewildered over Sun's comment.

Blake: "Wait, Haven students get an allowance?"

Sun: "Yeah... wait, Beacon students don't get one?"

Blake and Y/N share a quick look before shaking their heads to Sun.

Sun: "Ah, I see."

Y/N #3: "As far as I'm aware, materials are typically provided to Beacon students unless budgeting was a specific part of the curriculum."