Chapter 15

(Weiss

On the placid waters of the lake next to the bandit camp, a thick mist lingering in the morning air. Beside the lake, Vernal scoops up the water into a bucket before sitting down and breaking up a concoction of flower petals and powders into the liquid. At a distance, a disoriented Weiss walks up beside Y/N while holding a teacup with Raven following closely behind them. Spotting Vernal and yawning a bit, Weiss turns to Raven.

Weiss: "What is Vernal doing?"

As Vernal wanders off with her bucket, Raven responds back.

Raven: "It's a hair thing, apparently. I never asked much about it but, hey, it makes her happy."

As she said this, Raven smiles very subtly, which makes Y/N utterly shock upon seeing it.

Y/N #2: ("This is the first time I ever see her smile... first time for everything, I guess.")

Raven looks to Weiss.

Raven: "You sure look pretty ragged and tired."

Weiss: "Well, none of you have any coffee in the camp. This tea is barely doing anything."

She points to the teacup she's holding as Y/N goes to drink from his own teacup, glancing over to Raven.

Y/N #2: "Out of all the things you and the other bandits could've stole, coffee wasn't on the list?"

Raven scoffs at their remark.

Raven: "Folks around here don't need coffee to stay awake."

The former heiress just bites back.

Weiss: "I've tasted the tea here. It's awful and any coffee here would probably be the same." 

She then takes another distasteful sip of tea from her cup.

Raven: "Well, I don't see him complaining about it."

Weiss turns to see Y/N causally drinking the tea from his cup, much to her surprise.

Weiss: "How can you drink this, Y/N?"

Y/N glances over to her before shrugging.

Y/N #2: "I'm not much of a picky eater... or picky drinker in this case." 

Weiss: "Ugh, I can't help it that I prefer coffee over tea."

Raven just rolls her eyes as she turns to Weiss.

Raven: "If you want coffee, you could always join one of the raiding parties."

Y/N steps in, shifting his gaze towards Raven.

Y/N #2: "And why's that?"

Meeting his gaze, Raven quickly replies.

Raven: "Considering how long you two have been staying at camp, I might modify our deal so that you kids pull your own weight around the tribe. After all, you've been taking great advantage of our hospitality and it's poorly exercised kindness should at the very least, be balanced, if not, entirely repaid."

Y/N #2: "So what? You want to change our little ceasefire with that?"

Raven: "Of course, and who knows. You two might find a taste for the bandit life."

Weiss raise a brow at her remark before asking.

Weiss: "Are you offering us to join?"

Raven looks between the pair before replying.

Raven: "As much as I don't like either of you..."

Y/N #2: "Hey, the feeling's mutual."

Weiss: "Y/N!"