Chapter 11

(Ruby

In the Mistralian house they're staying in, Y/N and Team RNJR (or JNRR) go through their morning routine for the day. Waking up, brushing their teeth, and gearing up. During this, Ruby is the first to bring up the investigation.

Ruby: "You guys ready for the investigation for the day?"

J/N/R & Y/N #1: "Yeah!"

Y/N #1: "What's the goal?"

Ruby: "I'm glad you ask. Our goal is to investigate key locations around Mistral in order to locates leads on the Branwen Tribe. And that includes three places."

Jaune: "The police station."

Nora: "The local hunter's guild!"

Ren: "The nearby local library."

Y/N #1: "I'll go with Qrow and find anything on my part."

With a nod from Ruby, she yells out.

Ruby: "Fall in line, people!"

As instructed, they all lined up with Ruby in front, then Y/N, Jaune, Ren, and Nora, in that order. Standing proudly, Ruby glances over to her friends.

Ruby: "Let's start our search! Banzai!"

J/N/R & Y/N #1: "Banzai!"

Roman: "Banzai..."

Just behind Ren and Nora is Roman, who has his arm raised and mockingly join the group in their cheering. Surprised by his sudden appearance, Nora reflectively elbows him in the stomach and sends him falling to his knees.

Roman: "Ow..."

Nora responds with a bit of bite in her words upon looking at the crime boss.

Nora: "Oops. Sorry about that."

They all fully turn to Roman, who manages to get back up on his feet.

Jaune: "What are you doing here?"

The crime boss cheekily retorts.

Roman: "Forgot what that old geezer and Y/N said to you all. I'm part of the crew now, aren't I? You guys can't leave me out of all the fun activities."

Ruby steps in with a serious look.

Ruby: "This isn't some game. We need to find the Branwen tribe as soon as possible."

From behind her and Y/N, Qrow walks over to them, and chiming in.

Qrow: "You're sure making it look like a game." 

As he said this, Qrow takes a sip from his flask.

Y/N #1: "That hangover is finally gone."

Qrow: "Heh, pretty much."

After another sip, Qrow turns to address Ruby and the others. 

Qrow: "With that kind of plan, the only things you kids will come out with is a handful of cold shoulders and a library card."

This makes them recoil a bit as Qrow continues. 

Qrow: "If you want to investigate that way later, fine but, I got methods with a proven track record. Hell, I even got a witness to back me up on this."

The huntsman points at Y/N as all eyes look at him as he scratches the back of his head.

Y/N #1: "Y-Yeah, he does have a point here, guys."

Qrow: "And you all are going to tag along to see what 'real' huntsmen work is like. Y/N sure has seen his fair share of that."

Y/N #1: "Hehe, most of the time, yeah." ("The other time is just eating, drinking, and trying to keep him from flirting with a barmaid to ensure we don't get kick out again.")