Chapter 40

All Y/N can see, and feel was complete darkness. To him, it almost feels like he's floating on in an endless darkness. Then suddenly, a faint light appeared in the distance, catching his attention. The light gets brighter and brighter, growing larger as it approached him. Soon enough, the brightness enveloped everything. Unable to move, Y/N can just watch this as he slowly feels some stinging pain around his body. The bright light begins to fade away along with the stinging pain. Y/N blinked and found himself in the same darkness before he notices two individuals approaching him from it. One of them is a woman in a white cloak, which hides the top part of her face. The other is a familiar face clad in familiar gold lined armor, shield and spear, red hair, and green eyes. When he laid his eyes on her, his eyes immediately began to tear up. 

Y/N #1: "I... I can't believe it... it's you."

Pyrrha: "It's nice to see you again, Y/N."

Y/N tries to move to give her a hug but is unable to move only to shift his eyes a bit

Y/N tries to move to give her a hug but is unable to move only to shift his eyes a bit. Seeing this, Pyrrha goes to hug him instead as tears roll down on his eyes. 

Y/N #1: "I'm so... so sorry, Pyrrha... it's my fault... I couldn't save you... I couldn't stop Cinder... I was powerless and-"

Pyrrha: "Don't blame yourself, Y/N... because I don't and nor will the others either."

A couple moments of silence hugging, Pyrrha pulls away from him, standing beside Summer. 

Y/N #1: "W-Where am I? How are you even here?"

Before she can respond, Pyrrha gestures to the environment around them.

Pyrrha: "We're in the realm of your subconscious."

Y/N #1: "Subconscious? Am I... dead?"

Pyrrha: "No... at least... not yet."

Y/N #1: "If you've been here, how come you've never said anything?"

This is when Summer chimes in. 

Summer: "It's almost impossible to reach your conscious mind from your subconscious."

Y/N #1: "Huh?"

Pyrrha: "It appears I'm confined to this space in the back of your mind so we try to help in whatever little way we can, like... waking you up from a bad dream."

Y/N #1: "So, every time I've been spring up awake from those nightmares."

Summer: "That was us."

Y/N #1: "How... how are you existing inside of my mind?"

Pyrrha: "To be honest, I don't really know myself. One moment I could feel the arrow bringing through my chest, there was a bright orange light, then darkness. Next thing I knew, I met Summer here."

Still standing beside her, the smiling Summer lightly waves at Y/N. 

Pyrrha: "It's because of your power, Y/N. That encounter you had with Salem. Your power that came from you and your sword... you unleashed them that night."