Chapter 13

[Minus Cinder in the image.]

(Evernight Castle)

Inside the castle's conference room, Christina slams her fist on the table with her mask on top of it as Salem remain seated at the head of the table with the Seer Grimm beside her. Salem merely stares at her, seeing the dark purple veins appearing on the lower part of her face. 

Christina: "I don't understand, Mistress

Christina: "I don't understand, Mistress. Why am I not allowed to go to Mistral but, that flaming bitch and her lackeys can?"

Salem: "Because Cinder wants to redeem herself after failing to find the relic at Beacon so, I gave her a chance. Besides, I still need you to continue your search for the relic at Beacon tower." 

Christina: "I know that, but still... if Y/N is at Mistral or at least one of them is there, why can't you let me be there? I'm done with training. I am ready. I can take him down. But Cinder? She'll probably screw it up by going after the silver-eyed girl she hate so much and-"

Before she goes any further, Salem raises a hand, causing Christina to become silent as the purple veins on her face slowly dissipates. 

Salem: "You must remain calm and patience, Christina. Your time to defeat Y/N will come eventually, but not now. Because like Cinder, you need to learn to harness the gift that I gave you. The same gift that I have given to you and Darius when I took you in."

Christina: "But Y/N-"

Salem: "We leave him be... for now. If the silver-eyed girl and Y/N managed to harness their gift, then you must take care to protect yours. There's only so much I can do to aid you and I don't want you to end up like Darius."

Processing her words for a few moments, Christina step forward and bows her head to Salem.

Christina: "Very well then... I apologize for my outburst, Mistress."

Salem motion her to come closer to her, which she does. Christina is now enveloped into a warm hug by Salem. 

Christina: "Mistress...?"

Salem: "I know you want revenge for what happened to you and Darius... for what he has done... to you home... to your family... but remember that I know what's best for you and your endeavors."

A small smile form on Christina's face as she slowly embraces the hug. They stay like this for a few moments as Christina speaks up.

Christina: "I... I understand, Mistress."

She then let go of her as Christina step back.

Salem: "But right now, our main goal is attacking Haven and getting the relic from within it."

Christina: "I get that, but what does our plan have to do with bandit tribes?"

Salem: "Never underestimate the usefulness of others, Christina. Take Leonardo Lionheart for example. He was one of Ozpin's most trusted allies, and yet now..."