Chapter 46

A few hours later, Ruby and the crew are now relaxing inside the hot spring resort, "Onsen, Onsen, Onsen" or "Triple Onsen." 

Y/N: "Here's some medication, you two. Try not use them all up."

Roman: "Sure thing."

Neo: "Thanks, Y/N."

Inside the resort's lounge, Roman is sitting in place, allowing Neo to press his bruises with medication. When Neo places the medication on one of his bruises, Roman loudly wince in pain.

Roman: "Hey! That hurt!"

He then snatches the applicator and proceeds to playfully apply medication to her wounds, laughing sadistically.

Roman: "Hah! How do you like the taste of your own medicine?"

Neo squirms and the crime boss's tone becomes slightly more grounded as he continues to press her wounds with medication.

Roman: "Just... sit still so I can do it right."

Sitting on a couch across from the criminal duo is Qrow, who watch this unfold as he takes a long swig of sake as Ruby and Weiss sit down next to him with trays of food, which they're almost finish with. They are also watching this as Y/N sit beside them, drinking some water from his flask.

Ruby: "It's kind of a strange sight to see."

Weiss: "Yeah, but we shouldn't bother them."

Y/N: "I can agree to that. I mean, no one complain when Nora and Ren do something weird."

Right on cue, Ren and Nora approaches them, carrying their own food trays loaded with much more food than Weiss and Ruby, which they and Y/N examine how much food they have gotten.

Y/N: "What the-?"

He's cut off by Nora slamming her food tray down on the table in the middle of the lounge before asking excitedly. 

Nora: "Who's ready for the best post-fight eating competition on Remnant?!"

This is when Jaune walks up behind her and Ren, sitting down himself with his normal-sized food tray before turning to Nora.

Jaune: "Slow your roll, Nora. We've already got kicked out of this place once because you and Ruby 'somehow' brought water guns, started a battle here, and wreck the place."

Y/N just chuckles at the thought of it. 

Y/N: "Come on, Jaune. That little battle of ours was pretty fun, right?"

Jaune: "That's not the point. We don't need to ruin the good will we've been given now."

Ren goes to place a hand on Jaune's shoulder, smiling to him.

Ren: "Somehow, I don't think that'll be much of an issue this time around."

As he said this, all eyes drift to the lounge's entrance where they see the remains of a bullhead's tail has become wedged inside the resort's main lobby. This is when Ruby chimes in.

Ruby: "Still, it was awfully nice of them to give us a group discount."

Y/N: "No kidding. We might as well take this opportunity to kick back and relax while we can... because we all need it... all of us..."

That last part of his sentence catches Ruby, Weiss, and Neo's attention, glancing at him with a mixture of concern and sorrow, especially since he's been rather "quiet" before they arrive to the hot spring. For Neo, it must be because of the attack on Haven and almost getting killed by Cinder and her group. For Weiss and Ruby, it was not only that, but also because of Vernal's death and his final words to her before leaving her stone grave. Of course, Qrow is aware of this, and he knows why he's acting like this as he takes another sip from his flask. Nora just cheerfully shouts in response.