Chapter 16

(Yang and Neo, Afternoon)

After several minutes of riding Bumblebee through Anima, Yang, Neo, and Y/N comes to a stop inside a small seemingly abandoned village where they roll up on a decent-sized gas station called "Quick Mark Combo." In front of the gas station, the sunglasses-wearing Yang parks her bike next to one of the pumps as she and Y/N get off from it. Before Yang walks into the gas station, she turns to Neo.

 Before Yang walks into the gas station, she turns to Neo

[With Roman's signature bowler hat on her head.]

Yang: "Neo, take care of Bumblebee for me."

Y/N #4: "While you're at it, look through the map. You've been improving since last time."

Neo nods happily, giving a cheeky thumbs-up as Y/N goes to move the bowler hat a bit to pat her on the head, which makes her more joyful. After that, Y/N points at the gas station behind him.

Y/N #4: "You need anything in there?"

The mute girl pauses for a bit before signing her response.

Neo: "Some water please."

Yang: "Sure thing. I'll go get some for you. Let's head inside, Y/N."

While Neo is quite glad but pouts a little as she wants Y/N to do it. As Yang head towards the door, a small group of people, standing and chatting near the entrance with one of them looking oddly familiar to Y/N as he squints his eyes to the man, who stand the furthest away from the group's shabby motorcycles.

 As Yang head towards the door, a small group of people, standing and chatting near the entrance with one of them looking oddly familiar to Y/N as he squints his eyes to the man, who stand the furthest away from the group's shabby motorcycles

Y/N #4: ("Why does he look so... familiar? Have we... met before?")

Yang just looks at the guy and his group out of the corner of her sunglasses before entering through the door and taking off her sunglasses, putting it on her pocket. The guy watches her enter the place, giving a smirk before turning to talk to his group. Neo, meanwhile, pumps the gas into Bumblebee and looks at the map in her hands, much more marked up than last time. She shifts her multi-colored eyes to Y/N, noticing that he's been staring at them, unbeknownst to the guy and his group. Confused by this, Neo goes to tug on one of his sleeves to get his attention, which it does.