Chapter 10

(Weiss)

In front of her large yurt, Raven is in the middle of tending a turkey over a campfire. The turkey that is suspended from an impromptu spit with a long stick used to cook the turkey over the fire. That long stick so happens to be Weiss's rapier. Raven is humming a little tune to herself before stopping upon seeing Weiss marching over to her with her face infuriated with Y/N walking beside her and attempting to calm her down.

Y/N #2: "Weiss, calm down. Your weapon is fine. You got to be glad about that, right?" ("What the hell happened to playing nice and keeping the peace?")

His words are ignored as Vernal is following them from behind with a touch of surprise on the bandit girl's face over Weiss's sudden outburst. Weiss then points an accusatory finger at Raven and start shouting.

Weiss: "How dare you tarnish a family heirloom!"

Raven pauses while turning the spit to look over to Weiss, unflinching at the face of Weiss's shouting. In response, she just scoffs, even laugh at her remark.

Raven: "What? This toothpick is a family heirloom?"

Y/N #2: "It's called a rapier."

Raven: "Whatever."

Unmoved by Raven's dismissiveness, Weiss continues her tirade, standing proudly. 

Weiss: "My weapon has been in the Schnee's family line since my great grandfather and has proudly serve my lineage to defend the people of Atlas since-"

She's cut off by Raven's voice, flapping her hand to mock Weiss's talking.

Raven: "Blah, blah, blah..."

Raven then continues as she stands up from her spot, holding Weiss's rapier, which still has the turkey attached to its blade. 

Raven: "Talk is cheap. And from my perspective, this sword is mine to do as I please."

Weiss points at her once again, snaping back at her.

Weiss: "You have no connection to it!"

The woman just stares at her and Y/N before her for a moment, giving a small smirk. 

Raven: "What would have happen to it should you have died in that little airship crash? Like the ship's pilot did."

This makes Weiss recoil a little and goes silent as Y/N steps in, glaring at Raven.

Y/N #2: "What are you getting at?"

Still smirking, Raven continues, focusing her gaze on the former heiress.

Raven: "You already know what would have happened. This sword that serves some many generations, a lineage of history, would have been found it just like in here."

Y/N #2: "Huh?"

Raven: "It's value completely lost to the tribe and use a spit for the rest of its pitiful existence. Sure, maybe it can be used to kill a rogue Grimm or two but, nothing substantial."

Y/N #2: "It's a fucking weapon! What else can it be used for?"

Raven just shrugs off his words. 

Raven: "Best case scenario, it becomes a cooking implement like right here. Worst case though, it gets discarded and forgotten. And you, princess, would just be another corpse on the pile, powerless to do anything about it."

At this point, Weiss is shaking and after a moment of pause, she quietly seethes, trying to compose herself in a similar fashion to Y/N.

Weiss: "Give. It. Back."