Chapter 45

Still carrying the unconscious Emerald, Hazel and Mercury flee over the rooftops of Mistral and using the plentiful piping to make their way down the city. As they do, Mercury can hear Emerald's mumbling as he sees her slowly try to open her eyes.

Emerald: "C-Cinder..."

Mercury: "Get it together already."

Hazel: "Leave her be, Mercury. We need to keep moving."

As he said this, the large man spares a glance back towards the damaged campus before continuing his path, while carrying Emerald over his shoulders. Letting out a sigh, Mercury follows after him.

Mercury: "Salem are not going to be happy about any of this. And I certainly don't want to deal with that masked chick of hers either."

Hazel: "If you have time to talk, then you have time to find us an airship to use."

Mercury: "Ugh, fine."

__________________________________________________________________________________

On different part of the city, Adam is being dragged away by a handful of his men. He's only partially conscious, mumbling to himself quietly.

Adam: "Traitors... Blake... Y/N... I... I... hate... him..."

During this, the fleeing White Fang members struggle to get him down the mountainside. 

White Fang Member #35: "What is he even mumbling about?"

White Fang Member #34: "Let's not worry about that. Focus on finding some hiding spot to lay low."

When they hit a particularly bumpy spot in the path, making Adam's mask to come loose and drop into a muddy puddle below, unbeknownst to Adam's men.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Back with Y/N and his team, they make their way to the Branwen camp via airship as Y/N just finish explaining to Blake about his "split into four beings" circumstance, how it was caused by the mastermind behind the Fall of Beacon, Salem, that his power was also split into four, and that each of him were with not only her but, the rest of their team. Blake is absorbing this information she's been given, completely baffled at what she's hearing.

Blake: "So... that explain why I saw two of you and why you only mimic my semblance."

Y/N #1: "Pretty much."

Weiss: "It's sound absurd, I know. We had similar reaction when we heard this too."

Ruby: "You get used to it."

Blake: "Okay then... still, I have to ask. Who exactly is Salem?"

Before any of them can respond, they suddenly hear distant thunder rumbling in their ears. This catches their attention as they come into view of the tribal campgrounds.

Yang: "We're here."

They gaze upon the lake's central island obscured by swirling gray clouds and flashing lightning. 

Y/N: "What the hell?"

Weiss: "This is too localized to be consider natural."

The airship they're in dips down and comes to rest in the lake, doubling as a boat. On deck, the team can see the campgrounds are basically abandoned with nothing but, a few marks of debris, footprints, and tire tracks. Only two lone yurts that have been left untouched, ones that Y/N, Yang, and Weiss are already familiar with. On the other side, they discover Raven on the central island, calling down lightning from a storm again and again onto a single point in front of her. Yang watches her with heavy eyes before saying.