Chapter 27

(Ruby, Weiss, Yang, Neo)

The dining room is lively as the current present members of Team RWBY and the remaining members of Team JNPR, all eating the delicious food with one of the two Y/Ns. 

Y/N #1: ("Glad everyone is enjoying the food we prepared.")

During this, they all talk to one another indistinctly, smiling and laughing. Yang laughs to Jaune. 

Yang: "H-How do you lose your map at a time like that?"

Jaune: "Believe me, I've asked myself the same thing ever since."

Y/N #1: "Good thing I bring a spare just in case, huh?"

Yang, Weiss, Ruby and laugh, while Jaune smiles and giggles sheepishly.

Nora: "Hey, but you made up for it, Mister Muscles! You should've seen this guy take a freaking Nuckelavee head on!"

Jaune: "I couldn't have done it without Ruby and Y/N wearing it down."

Y/N #1: "Uh, us?"

Ruby: "Did you see Ren during that fight? He was out of control!"

Ren: "I'm sorry, I may have lost my temper momentarily."

Ruby: "No, no! Out of control as in 'awesome'!"

Ren: "Oooohhh... why thank you."

Everyone at the table bursts into laughter at his reaction.

Y/N #1: "Eh, it's understandable, Ren." ("I mean, I basically lose control of myself when fighting Grimm... sometimes.")

As dinner continues, Weiss tells her story about how she accidentally summoned a Boarbatusk during the Schnee charity ball. Ruby gasps at this.

Ruby: "You did not!"

Embarrassed, Weiss has her face in her hands.

Weiss: "Yeah, right in the middle of the party."

Yang: "Please tell me you let that lady have it."

Weiss: "Of course not! Even if I did really want to."

Ruby: "So, what happened to the summoned Boarbatusk?"

Weiss: "Well, one of the Y/Ns managed to stop it by holding its tusks and having General Ironwood shot it down."

Yang: "Wow..."

All eyes fall on to the Y/N on the dining table with them, which he notices after taking a bite from his meal.

Y/N #1: "Wrong me, guys."

Nora crosses her arms, still skeptical over Weiss being able to summon a defeated Grimm. 

Nora: "No way, I don't believe it."

Weiss summons her Boarbatusk right next to Nora. The Grimm summon growls, causing Nora to yelp and fall to her side as Weiss and the others just laugh it off.

Y/N #1: "You believe now?"

Laughing awkwardly, Nora replies. 

Nora: "Very."

As dinner nearly finishes, Yang shows off her robotic prosthetic arm to the rest of the group with most of them react in awe.

Yang: "It's not a replacement for the real thing, but I'll make sure to make good use of it."

Jaune: "That's amazing."

Ren: "Incredible."

Ruby gets all starry-eyed and quickly zooms over to her sister's side to admire her arm. Her amazement is also mixed with some level of sadness and other conflicting emotions as she quickly hides it. Yang gives a proud expression as Ruby hold Yang's robotic arm up.