Chapter 31

(Yang, Weiss, Ruby, and Neo)

Inside the hot spring resort's resting area, Yang, now wearing a yukata, goes to buy a soda from a nearby vending machine. 

Yang: ("Damnit, Neo. I was planning to do something like that to him. Well, at least we saw him with only just a towel so, that's a plus and a treat. Good thing Weiss gave her a stern talking to... first time I actually want her to do that.")

Once she got her drink, Yang, still with no robotic arm, walks over to a wooden table and sit down with her back to the girl's only shower rooms. As she does, Yang can't help but ponder over Blake and how she basically ran away and leaving them behind to who knows where. Just thinking about it begins to irritate Yang as she opens up her soda. She then hears someone walks up beside her. Figuring that it's Ruby, Yang calls her out.

Yang: "Ruby, like I said before, I really don't want to talk about it, and I don't need cheering up."

Weiss: "Good. Because I'm told I'm not very good at that."

This surprises Yang as she turns her head around to find Weiss standing before her. The former heiress goes to sit down across from her blonde teammate, giving her a warm compassionate smile to her as Yang plays with her drink at her fingertips. 

Yang: "Hey Weiss. Did you need something?"

Weiss just raise a brow towards her. Picking up the signal, Yang shakes her head as she resumes speaking.

Yang: "I don't want to talk about it, Weiss."

Weiss: "You sure?"

The blonde girl then slams down her drink before saying clearly.

Yang: "I mean, why would I want to talk about Blake? She doesn't deserve it. 'Oh look, I got stabbed. Wish I had my partner around to save me.' Oh wait! I did. 'Maybe I should stay around for five minutes to see if she survived having her arm cut off. Maybe I should've stuck around to see if my team leader came out of a coma or stuck around to see if our boyfriend was doing okay with losing his left arm and bandaged up from head to toe or rescue my friend from being dragged off by her father. You know, the person she's been fighting for most of her life. The person who's the boogeyman her arm-cutting, mask-wearing ex-mentor is obsessed with taking down. Might be a good idea to wait around for ten goddamn minutes'!" 

The now red-eyed Yang punctuates her last sentence by slamming her fist on the table, shaking it, cracking it, then downing her drink. Hearing her teammate's tirade, Weiss blinks and leans back before replying.

Weiss: "For someone who doesn't want to talk about-"

Yang interrupts her speaking, her face falling to the table, her hand coming up to cover her face as she let out a frustrated sigh.

Yang: "I know, I know. I just... I don't know how to handle this, Weiss..."

Raising her head partway, her forearms still hunched as Yang continues.

Yang: "I'm always the one getting left behind. Raven left me. Then, Mom left us. Dad? He was always so busy with being a teacher and still mourning for Mom. And Ruby couldn't even talk yet. I had to pick up the pieces. I had to keep things together 'alone'. And with Blake... when I got a partner back in our initiation, I thought for a minute, that maybe, I'd have someone that helped me keep things together. Only to learn that she was a fixer-upper too but, that was okay, I was used to doing that. I mean, we were pretty much a team of fixer-uppers, Y/N included. But then, at the Vytal Festival Disaster, at the Fall of Beacon, all that work was... meaningless. I was trying to be the best friend I could be and she just... threw it at my face."