Chapter 25

(Ruby)

Inside the Mistralian house, a map is lay out on the living room table with Y/N, RNJR, Qrow, and Roman are seated around the map, looking at it. 

Y/N #1: "Okay, Qrow, what's the instructions for today's operation?"

Qrow: "I narrowed down the area that the Branwen tribe could be in, in particular half-dozen routes to the northwest of Mistral heading up towards Lake Matsu. Between that and what I remember the tribe's usual settling patterns, there's about four different plots where we could probably set up. With a little legwork, we should be able to narrow it down some more and from there, we can head out."

Y/N #1: "From what Qrow told me and from this map, the closest plot is relatively close by foot but, the others could take days, if not weeks to get there."

Qrow: "So, we'll have to prepare for quite a hike and a fight."

Y/N #1: "Right."

Everyone is just staring at Qrow for a moment before Jaune asks.

Jaune: "How... how did you get all of this information?"

Rolling his eyes, Qrow quickly replies. 

Qrow: "While you kids were playing card games, I was working, watching the roadways and city entrances for damaged or raided merchant caravans. After that, it's just a matter of a few follow-up interviews while you all were out and about."

The room goes quiet for a bit until Ruby speaks cheerfully.

Ruby: "That's my uncle! So, what do we do next?!"

Qrow: "I'm still waiting to hear back from some caravans to narrow down the field and after that, we'll have everything we need."

Y/N #1: "What we need now is to gather supplies and collect any huntsmen available in Mistral." 

Qrow: "I'll handle the second one but, you kids should handle the shopping for supplies. Your old ones aren't exactly holding up well."

They all turn to the multiple luggage in the corner that are literally falling apart. In fact, a cord holding a sauce pan snaps while looking at it. With that, Qrow straightens his stand hooks Harbinger on his back, walking to the door.

Nora: "Wait, don't you want someone to go with you?"

Y/N #1: "I can always go with you, Qrow."

The huntsman glances over to them before responding.

Qrow: "Veteran huntsmen won't exactly be leaping at a job where rookies are at the heart of things..."

Before he continues, he looks at them, especially Y/N. 

Qrow: "Not matter how good you kids might actually be. No, I'll move faster on my own and I have more street cred to offer around. Just get the supplies and start prepping a big dinner for everyone that's going to come around when I bring them."

He turns to both Y/N and Ren.

Qrow: "Guess that mean you two will handle the cooking."

Ren and Y/N share a quick look with each other before looking back at Qrow, nodding to him.

Ren: "Very well."

Y/N #1: "I'll do my best."

Qrow: "Good. Catch you kids later."

And with that, everyone watches Qrow leave the house only for Ruby to realize something out loud.

Ruby: "Wait! Qrow didn't leave us with any money."