Chapter 43

(Haven Academy)

Back inside the Vault, the shocked Cinder looks to Raven, seeing the flames of a maiden glowing around her eyes, and then to the motionless Vernal.

Cinder: "She was a decoy the whole time..."

She then turns her attention back to Raven.

Cinder: "The last Spring Maiden must've trusted you a great deal before she died. I bet that was a mistake..."

Raven growls and shoots Omen out of her hilt, and flying toward Cinder at high speed, catching her blade before impact. Cinder levitates and conjures a sword of her own. They lock blades for a moment until Cinder forces Raven back with a burst of strength. Raven lands on the pathway and after several backflips to regain her balance and charges again. Both Maidens clash several times before the force of their blows shatters both swords simultaneously. The shard of Cinder's sword is lodge in her Grimm arm, causing her to hold her arm and wincing in pain. 

Raven: "Aura can't protect your arm. It's Grimm."

Cinder pulls the shrapnel out of her arm and faces Raven again.

Raven: "You turned yourself into a monster just for power."

The glaring Cinder conjures another blade in her hand as she retorts back. 

Cinder: "Look who's talking..."

The two proceed forward to clash again with Cinder counterattacking and Raven rapidly re-equipping her sword with a yellow blade to parry it. During their bout, Raven quickly switches between the various colored blades in her hilt to counter Cinder's various weapons that she conjures. They continue their fight with Cinder's attack becoming more aggressive as she tries to use her Grimm arm to extract Raven's Maiden power, but Raven continues to retreat, dodge, or deflect most of her strikes rather than countering them, forcing Cinder to keep chasing her. 

Cinder: ("Ugh, quit flying away and stand still!")

When Raven finally counters back, she ends up swiftly cutting Cinder's Grimm hand. This attack makes Cinder cry out in pain as she pushes Raven away with a sudden gust of wind. Painfully, Cinder manages to regrow her Grimm hand back before glaring back at Raven. 

Cinder: ("Fucking bitch!!!")

As the two Maiden charges forward, both of them break their swords again, causing an energy flare to fly up and strike the walls of the cavern. Cinder leaps back onto one of the large stalagmites, conjures two swords, and then charges after her. As for Raven, she re-equips her sword's red blade and does the same. As the two Maidens throw everything, they have at each other, their fight takes to the air. Their attacks become more and more intense, both of them shatter swords several times until they grab the other's weapon. Soon enough, spheres of blue and orange energy begin to whirl around them, picking up debris and damaging the walls of the cavern. Cinder finally breaks away, using the debris to conjure a giant flaming sword. In response, Raven takes out the large sheath that held Omen and begins firing blade after blade at Cinder like a minigun.