Chapter 3

(Ruby)

Y/N and the others are walking through a stone brick tunnel illuminated by translucent lanterns. Ahead of them, Nora is pointing at the tunnel's end, very excitedly. 

Nora: "Come on guys! Hurry up, we're almost there!"

Unlike her, Ruby, Jaune, and Ren are walking slowly, hunched over, and bags under their eyes, considering that they all got out of bed for the day.

Jaune: "Settle down, Nora... we're exhausted."

Ruby yawns while waving him off.

Ruby: "She's just excited to see Mistral... just like me."

Somewhat less tired than the rest, Y/N chimes in, while walking near to Qrow, who is also not as tired.

Y/N #1: "Heh, sure looks like it, Rubes."

Ruby: "Oh, you know what I mean."

Y/N #1: "Well, Nora always have the most energy out of all of us."

Jaune: "Pretty much in general."

Just as tired as Jaune, Ren chimes in.

Ren: "Mistral is a wonderful sight. I'm sure that it'll lift their spirit after we've all been stuck in a house for an entire day."

In the back of the group, Qrow backs this up.

Qrow: "He's right. The seas are a real sight to see. Am I right, kid?"

Y/N #1: "Yeah, it's been a while since we been here."

Ruby: "You've been here before, Y/N?"

Y/N nod in response.

Y/N #1: "It was a long time ago, and I don't really hang around for long. But I'll never forget the view of the city from here."

Nora: "Come on you slowpokes!"

As she said this, she exits out of the tunnel and onto the balcony's railings. They all approach the ginger-haired girl and stop to gaze out over the city in wide-eyed awe. 

[Minus Ren and Nora on the corner

[Minus Ren and Nora on the corner.]

Qrow: "The city of Mistral."

Ruby: "Wow!"

Jaune: "Is that the Cho Chin?"

Y/N #1: "Yep. And on top of it is Haven Academy and this city's CCT tower."

As the gang continues to stare in awe of the sight, Qrow just lays his hand on Ruby's head and Y/N's shoulder.

Qrow: "Heh, it's certainly something."

The softest yet is the expression from Nora, who is sitting on the balcony's ledge, admiring the view and holding Ren's hand as they overlook the city beside one another. Qrow then asks.