Chapter 26

(Ruby)

Y/N, Ren, and Ruby are working in the kitchen, preparing the food for all the huntsmen Qrow would be recruiting today, while Jaune and Nora set the table. 

Y/N #1: "Ren, how's the sukiyaki doing?"

Ren: "The first batch is just about done

Ren: "The first batch is just about done."

Ruby: "Awesome!"

Y/N #1: "Rubes, still working on that frying pan?"

Ruby: "Yep!"

Nora: "Do you think we have enough food?"

Jaune: "I'm more worried about overbuying the supplies we have now."

As he said this, the blonde turns to a nearby room stuffed with materials and supplies they've gotten. He turns back to the others as Y/N speaks up. 

Y/N #1: "Always be prepared, Jaune. That's what Qrow always tell me when it comes to supplies and equipment. Besides, you should be more worried in making sure Nora doesn't try to take a bite out of the food we got."

Jaune: "Easier said than done."

Jaune looks to Nora, who's practically gazing upon the prepared food, almost drooling at the sight of it. 

Y/N #1: "Alright, we're almost done with the cooking, guys."

Ruby: "Okay! Now we just need Qrow to come back, and we'll be all set."

Nora: "This is a lot of... food."

Jaune: "Don't you think about it, Nora."

Nora: "Oh come on, do you really think he's going to bring that many people here?"

Ruby: "Well, I don't know. But it sounds like we can use all the help we can get."

Y/N #1: "She's right. The more help we can get, the better our success will be. Especially if we have to find a dangerous bandit tribe."

Ruby: "Yeah, that's true."

Nora: "Oh, I'm sure they don't mind if one meal suddenly... disappear."

Y/N: "Nora, don't."

Nora: "Just one bite?"

Ren: "No." 

Just then, Qrow's voice sounded through the house from the front door.

Qrow: "I'm back, kids!"

Ruby calls back to her uncle.

Ruby: "Be right there, Qrow!"

Ren and Y/N glances at the content of the frying pan Ruby held over the stove.

Ren: "Uhm... Ruby..."

Y/N #1: "You're going to overcook that, Rubes."