Chapter 28

[A/N: Now that there's only two Y/Ns left, the main Y/N will still be Y/N #1, while the Y/N with Blake will now be called Y/N #2. Just to make things less confusing. Regardless, hope you enjoy reading.]

(Ruby, Weiss, Yang, and Neo)

After that little 'talk' with himself, Y/N goes over to the living room where he's greeted by everyone, who settle down either by sitting on the couches or just standing up. They all turn to see Y/N approach them.

Ruby: "You done with your talk, Y/N?"

Jaune: "And that 'fusing' is what you call it?"

Y/N #1: "Yeah. So, you guys started without me?"

Qrow: "No, you came here just in time."

With a nod, Y/N goes to stand next to Yang, who is remain seated on one the couches as she finally asks a question that she's been wanting to know before eating dinner.

Yang: "First off, why the hell is Roman Torchwick of all people working with you guys?"

This makes Roman sigh, much to Yang's mild confusion as the crime boss mutters to himself.

Roman: "I have to do this so much. Can't give a guy a break, huh."

He then closes his eyes for a moment before slowly opening them, a different shade of green as they hear Ozpin's voice coming out of Roman's mouth as his expression becomes gentler.

Ozpin: "Miss Xiao Long. Miss Schnee. It's so nice to see you two doing well."

This greeting has taken both Yang and Weiss off guard with their eyes widen. As for Neo, she's more than a little weirded out by Roman speaking with another man's voice, to the point that she steps away warily to Yang and Y/N's side. 

Y/N #1: "Neo?"

Neo doesn't respond, only gripping on his sleeves as she continues to stare at 'Roman' with both confusion and concern. Soon enough, Weiss and Yang were given the run down on everything so far, especially the fact that Qrow and Raven are able to turn into birds, thanks to Ozpin's power. 

Qrow: "Y/N is the only person I told about this."

Ruby: "Wait, really!?"

Y/N #1: "I was young when he told me, at first I was dumbfounded but, soon enough I gotten used to it. It's the reason why he managed to travel far without getting tired though, I was weighing down during our travel."

Qrow: "Come on, kid. Don't say that."

The others ask Y/N why he didn't told them about this to which Qrow chimes in.

Qrow: "Because I told him not to. Before all of this, I prefer to... lay close to the chest."

Ozpin: "I believe that's how you phrased it, Qrow?"

Qrow: "Yeah."

The two slowly digest all of this information along with everyone else as they just look at the wooden floor below them.

Weiss: "So... the maidens. Magic. Salem. It's all true...?"

Qrow just nod in agreement.

Qrow: "That's the gist of it, yeah."

Yang curses to herself, muttering.

Yang: "Shit... Raven wasn't lying."

Y/N overhear this, glancing at her before turning his attention to Ozpin/Roman. As for Qrow, when he hears that, he stands up, visibly alarmed.